Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I was updating some apps from the ap catalog and received an error while updating 'DoughBoy'.

A minute later, I get an error message saying I was logged out of my Palm profile and had to restart. After the restart, my Pre brought me to the initial 'Palm Profile' login screen, as though it were a brand new phone.

I signed back into my profile and lost everything. I'm now re-downloading all of my apps. I've lost all my info in Checkbook as well as all my text messages. Damn. This just sucks.

My update to 1.4.1.1 went smoothly last night. I have no patches installed. I had also removed the overclocking kernel before the update so it definitely wasn't that. Sigh.
    wow
    that's pretty weird...
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Yea, pretty strange. I'm disappointed, but not really upset. ***** happens and I've learned to accept it, but that came out of nowhere. I guess that's one of the disadvantages to cloud based services.
    the exact same thing happened to me. everything updated smoothly, i went back update some apps i had noticed were out of date and the update to quick contacts failed. then it told me i was logged out of my palm profile and started a series of restarts...came back on and wanted all my initial login information like i was setting up a new phone.

when i finally got back to the home screen, all my settings/files were gone and it was restoring all my apps. really annoying that i now have to go back and get everything back to the way i like it...
    Uh oh. I'm having that same Doughboy error... hopefully that's just a coincidence (since I assume EVERYONE with Doughboy installed is having that error), but still.

Sorry to those of you (two so far?) that lost data because of this. Hopefully it's not widespread!

/Kevin