Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I have updated to 1.4.1 and now if my keyboard is closed and I press power where I would normally get the unlock screen I now just see my "current" screen as if it was unlocked but I have the Slide up icon thingy too!

So I can see my screen AND the slide up thingy and still have to slide it up to do anything.

Is this normal now? or is something freaky happening to my pre?
    Thanks!
    To be honest, I've had this before and it looks pimp.
    This is a bug that started to come with 1.4, it will be gone after a reboot.
    (Haven't seen it with 1.4.1 so far)
    i haven't seen it w/ 1.4.1.1 but this is what it looked like on 1.4

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    This issue was resolved with 1.4.1. If you are still seeing this issue. We may need to gather new log files from these devices. Please let me know if you are seeing the issue post installing 1.4.1.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    This issue was resolved with 1.4.1. If you are still seeing this issue. We may need to gather new log files from these devices. Please let me know if you are seeing the issue post installing 1.4.1.
    This was happening less frequently with 1.4 but after the 1.4.1.1 update on my Sprint Pre. It is happening everytime I go to unlock the screen.
    mine starte doing this a few days ago 1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonpossible View Post
    mine starte doing this a few days ago 1.4
    Quick question because I've never really played with this: Does it update the background while still locked? Like the clock in the background changes, or battery life, ect?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Mine is still occasionally sluggish at turning the display on when I press the power button (and I think that the release notes said that should have been improved in 1.4.1.x). Once or twice (since updating to 1.4.1.1) I've seen no response at all when turning the power on -- only to be followed a minute or so later with a luna reboot. Saw this with 1.4 too so I guess that's not fixed yet.
    I thought it was kinda cool when my pre did this lol. their should be a toggle to change back and forth lol maybe a patch idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    I thought it was kinda cool when my pre did this lol. their should be a toggle to change back and forth lol maybe a patch idea
    I thought the same thing. It'd be neat if it updated like that so you wouldn't even have to slide the locker up if you're in full-screen mode in an app.
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    I thought the same thing. It'd be neat if it updated like that so you wouldn't even have to slide the locker up if you're in full-screen mode in an app.
    +1, yeah hope also that instead of a basic pin, that we can get a pattern lock screen. you know like the one that android uses its kinda like connect the dots in one straight swipe configuration
    the android pattern is actually incredibly easy to crack at least when i tried it on a friends mt3g it was took me all of 3 tries and apparently random swipes were close enough it read it as the correct pattern
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    the android pattern is actually incredibly easy to crack at least when i tried it on a friends mt3g it was took me all of 3 tries and apparently random swipes were close enough it read it as the correct pattern
    ha lol, maybe cause of android lol.. That sucks I had it on my blackberry and if i could remember after 3 wrong tries, even if you did put the right one in it will time out for a few. but i could be wrong on that, don't really remember to much about that.
    this happened to me too, but not until I installed cpuscaler. I uninstalled and everything is fine. I posted in the cpuscaler thread. Don't really know if it is the cause.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I too am having the same issues as well as random restarts after the login screen freezing. Happened 3 times today... 1.4.1.1 on Sprint.
    This happened to me yesterday, and it was awesome. Eventually luna crashed and the "problem" went away. I wish there was a patch to make this permanent!
    Ive had this problem! Just run WebOS Repair Utility! it'll fix it