Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys now that the mobile hotspot is free, I was wondering is there a way I can check my usage to know that i'm not going over the 5gb limit. Also any idea how much that is. I understand it all depends on what your doing but I'm trying to get an idea. This is sweet now if verizon made their navigation free it would be perfect! O well still a great day for verizon pre plus owners!
  2. #2  
    VZAccess Manager

    Download this and you can view your usage. 5gb is alot of info, I have a 5gb cap on my aircard, I travel quite a bit and never pay the internet charge at hotels (that is another rant all together). I have never come close to hitting my limit, I download large graphics assets and files.

    That said, if you want to use it, there are plenty of ways to do so.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ddonahueiup View Post
    Hey guys now that the mobile hotspot is free, I was wondering is there a way I can check my usage to know that i'm not going over the 5gb limit. Also any idea how much that is. I understand it all depends on what your doing but I'm trying to get an idea. This is sweet now if verizon made their navigation free it would be perfect! O well still a great day for verizon pre plus owners!
    Are you sure it is in effect? I set up the mobile hot spot on my Pre (was not previously paying for service) and connected to my mac with no problem... however, when I tried to use internet, I got a message from VZW in my browser that would not let me access internet unless I call VZW.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Junky View Post
    Are you sure it is in effect? I set up the mobile hot spot on my Pre (was not previously paying for service) and connected to my mac with no problem... however, when I tried to use internet, I got a message from VZW in my browser that would not let me access internet unless I call VZW.
    it is in effect, you just need to add it to your account. you can do it thru the verizon site.

    you should be able to check your usage by logging into verizon website and looking under usage details.
  5. danib62's Avatar
    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    #5  
    I just checked the usage on my account and it said my Domestic Mobile Broadband Connect limit was unlimited. This seems to go against the 5GB cap they have in the fine print.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by danib62 View Post
    I just checked the usage on my account and it said my Domestic Mobile Broadband Connect limit was unlimited. This seems to go against the 5GB cap they have in the fine print.
    This refers to Interet usage on the phone. You have unlimited access to the Internet only when accessing it on the phone. When you use the phone as a mobile hotspot, you have a limit of 5GB data transfer using the computers connected to the Internet using the WiFi connection provided by the PrePlus.

    If you check your plan details on the Verizon Wireless site, down at the bottom of the page, it lists additional optional features. If you have it, 3G Wireless Hotspot will be listed. If it's not there, dial *611 to get customer service (free airtime) and have them enable it.

    Some people said they were able to enable it on the webpage, but I wasn't able to.

    Panagiotis
  7. #7  
    dial #3282 and you will get a free text msg with your usage.
  8. #8  
    To put into perspective how big a 5GB cap is, you could download more then 160MB every day for a month before you have to start worrying.
  9. #9  
    The free wifi is only for new purchases. Verizon will not give it to us loyal purchasers who bought the phone the first week it launched. Not fair.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by debbie6754 View Post
    The free wifi is only for new purchases. Verizon will not give it to us loyal purchasers who bought the phone the first week it launched. Not fair.
    I've seen people here add it to their existing contract for free. You can either call Verizon or go to your account page at Verizon.com and add it.
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 04/17/2010 at 02:06 PM.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by debbie6754 View Post
    The free wifi is only for new purchases. Verizon will not give it to us loyal purchasers who bought the phone the first week it launched. Not fair.
    why do you say this? Did you try to add mobile hotspot to your acount online? If you called it in to add it, sometmes the person on the other line does not know.

    better try to add it online. It's free.
  12. moegumby's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by debbie6754 View Post
    The free wifi is only for new purchases. Verizon will not give it to us loyal purchasers who bought the phone the first week it launched. Not fair.
    Go to Verizonwireless.com, and change your Phone available options, it's in there, and it's FREE, I have it on mine and I did it this way, It works, you need to have an online account, or go to a Verizon store, they will add it for you.
  13. #13  
    The sprint overdrive is the hot ness

Posting Permissions