1.    #1  
    I went to updates on my pre this morning.
    It started downloading the 1.4.1.1 update.
    It finished downloading and unpacking.
    Then it said it failed to update and will check again in a couple of days.
    Whats up with that?
  2.    #2  
    Nevermind.
    I tried updating one more time and its installing now.
    How many times did you have to try this is like my tenth time and it keeps on failing?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I too am having the same issue. It wont validate after it has finished downloading and unpacking? I did a full erase and wanted to use webos dr but that isnt working and when it goes to install novocomd it says service removed and doesnt detect my device? I am now running webos repair utility and i turned on verbose logging and override compatibilty in hopes it will wipe off any patches and tweaks.

I would like to know how to get webos dr to work so i can start from scratch and then do and update and reistall my patches and themes. if anyon can help me please! im actually begging at this point...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by whitencm View Post
    How many times did you have to try this is like my tenth time and it keeps on failing?
    Worked on my second try.
    Took me 3-4 times before it worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by whitencm View Post
    Make sure your in a place that has good reception, and preferably conneted to a charger.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Make sure your in a place that has good reception, and preferably conneted to a charger.
    this is not a fix for this issue. I was on a touchstone using my wifi connection!

does anyone know the difference from using webos dr (which isnt working for me at all ever!) and using web os repair utility (with override compatibility on ) is?
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    this is not a fix for this issue. I was on a touchstone using my wifi connection!

does anyone know the difference from using webos dr (which isnt working for me at all ever!) and using web os repair utility (with override compatibility on ) is?
    I wasn't addressing your issue. If you use webOS Doctor, you have to follow all the steps carefully and remember to put your phone into Dev Mode.
    There is a webOS Doctor for 1.4.1.1 http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    Last edited by vza33; 04/01/2010 at 11:29 AM.

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I wasn't addressing your issue. If you use webOS Doctor, you have to follow all the steps carefully and remember to put your phone into Dev Mode.
    There is a webOS Doctor for 1.4.1.1 Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Well I was having the same issue so please excuse my frustration. I have just finished a webos repair utility (w/ override compatibility on) and my pre is looking stock so im not sure what the difference would have been if I had gotten the DR to work?

I will try and do an update once again and see if this time it will "validate" now that i have done a full erase and the webos repair utility..
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    Well I was having the same issue so please excuse my frustration. I have just finished a webos repair utility (w/ override compatibility on) and my pre is looking stock so im not sure what the difference would have been if I had gotten the DR to work?

I will try and do an update once again and see if this time it will "validate" now that i have done a full erase and the webos repair utility..
    If that dosen't work, I believe that you can doctor to 1.4.1.1, just click on the link I posted above.

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Finally got it to install after running webos repair utility w/ override compatibilty turned on! I now am about to attemp to install my tweaks, patches, theme, and preware... in that order. thanks to all that attempted to help. this is my last post here and hopefully this will help the next person with issues. *DEAD*
    Succeeded in getting over the validation hurdle after running the Webos Doctor, which set the Pre back to 3.1 and erased all patches and homebrew wares. sigh...