1.    #1  
    third day having my replacement pre,and so for the oreo effect I had before is not noticeable.guess they improve on the newer ones. (my thought)
    nope you will get the oreo just takes time. I picked mine up on March 15th and its was rock solid and now it has a huge oreo effect, but I'm only renting this one from bestbuy as I will be ruturning it for the Nexus One within my 30 days.
    I guess someone forgot to tell my launch day Sprint Pre that it was defective because it is still rock solid.
    its completely random...you may get a perfectly oreo free pre...or you may get a terrible one. :/
    Both my kids Pre's which were purchased later are still going strong, guess that's random too
    from my experience with 7 from lauch to now I say yes. My current one is perfect and have had it for 4months.
    It took my phone 6 months to get to a stuck headset that I couldn't fix, everything else was solid. New phone, (two weeks old) is also solid. What do you people do to your phones? Sheesh
    The last 3 Pres have had didn't have any oreo issues at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I guess someone forgot to tell my launch day Sprint Pre that it was defective because it is still rock solid.
    Your definition of "rock solid" may differ from others
    I am one of the rare people who still has a launch day Pre and it is working fine.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    nope you will get the oreo just takes time. I picked mine up on March 15th and its was rock solid and now it has a huge oreo effect, but I'm only renting this one from bestbuy as I will be ruturning it for the Nexus One within my 30 days.
    I guess I might or might not, haven't seen any oreo yet. Ps. I do treat my pre very nicely...
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    I am one of the rare people who still has a launch day Pre and it is working fine.
    I also have my original launch day Pre, and it has zero defects.

They're not rare, we're actually the silent majority.
    mine has a slight oreo (2 weeks old) but nothing bad. If it gets any worse though, I will be sending it for repair
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    My launch day pre is still perfect
    Why is The "My launch day Pre is perfect!" Brigade here?

Learn to read, folks. Whether your launch day Pre is perfect or a flaming piece of junk, it would have nothing to do with Palm "fixing" any subsequent units. You're contributing nothing but fan.boy-ism to the thread.

And for the record (since I've had seven Pre phones and can actually contribute here), my last refurb has been stellar for 45 days now. Runs great with the 800mhz patch, doesn't give me random resets...it's appreciably higher quality than its predecessors...so far.

Only problems now are with the OS.
    My June 2009 launch day Pre is getting a bit more squirrely by the day. No Oreo effect but not exactly solid either. Just recently started getting the too many open cards a few weeks ago after downloading a couple of the free 3d game demos. It got stuck in headset mode after a rather long flight last week. Finally managed to finagle it back into working order after 6 or 7 tries.

Just today, my signal meter disappeared and I had to reboot the phone to get it back. A bit later, all the icons on the app panels went blank, yet another reboot. While trying to download the v1.4.1.1 update I kept getting disconnected, while on WiFi. Had to restart the download (literally) 10 times before I had it completely downloaded and installed.

Due for upgrade in June. I'll see what (if anything) Palm has available on Sprint at that time. Will also be seriously looking at the Sprint HTC EVO 4g (yes, I live in a 4g area), as well as other offerings coming online at that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    +1