1.    #1  
    Hi all,

So I managed to get hold of a Palm Pre on the cheap from an un-wanted upgrade. I am eager to get involved, however have already hit my first issue.

I am in the UK and on O2 (iPhone Simplicity Contract). The Palm Pre is locked to O2, so I thought that would be fine. When I pop my SIM into the Pre I first get asked to set-up a Palm Profile. Unfortunately it can't send the data as it has the wrong phone Internet APN.

So I grab the Internet APN settings from my iPhone:

APN: idata.02.co.uk
    Username: vertigo
    Password: password

But nothing. It fails. Although the SIM works fine in the iPhone.

I also tried ringing O2 to double check the APN details. They were useless and said I needed to take out an 18month contract to use the Pre. I said Goodbye.

So what can I do from here? I can't activate the Pre even though I want to. Is there anyway to get my SIM to connect? Will an O2 Pay as you go SIM work?Can I skip Activation?

Please help...
  2.    #2  
    It seems like I am not the only one with this issue:

O2 Pre SOS Only problem - 1 sim 2 pre's. - Palm Support Community

The strange thing is I turned my Pre on just now and I had 3G. It even let me setup my Pre Central account and login. However, because it was someone else's phone before mine I decided to restore it to get rid of all his settings. Very newbie mistake. Now I am stuck with no 3G signal again and cant login to my Pre Profile.

It is starting to look like this is a Pre issue and not my SIM.

Any suggestions? Remember I am new so a link to guide would be a great help.

Cheers.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    the APN settings you would need to use on a Pre are:

APN: mobile o2.co.uk
    Username: vertigo
    Password: password

Be aware though, that if O2 realise you are using your iphone web bolton/wifi for a non iphone device,they can remove the bolton as per the contract agreement.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for following-up with the APN settings. I tried these, but still had the issue. In the end I tried to restore to 1.4 and use a different O2 SIM. I had some success but am now stuck with the "Language Setting" bug.
    i need help, i am trying to set up my palm pre but it won't let me past my palm profile it keeps saying my creation has failed, any idea how to fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin Adams View Post
    i need help, i am trying to set up my palm pre but it won't let me past my palm profile it keeps saying my creation has failed, any idea how to fix it?
    Am I correct in thinking that the phone will only allow phone calls via the Emergency Call Only 'button.
    If so then this was the situation that I faced with my recently purchased PRE from a UK based Ebayer.
    I live in Thailand-The phone does not support Thai language so I suspect that there are few PREs here.
    However I managed to Bypass the Activation using help from this site:

Multi Unlocker

Its a bit of a struggle -but worked for me

I also managed to upgrade the OS from 1.4.0 to 1.4.5 with help from the Palm UK chat line.
    Good Luck

Inspite of this progress the Palm Profile is not activated.
    Last edited by Delight7608; 09/22/2012 at 03:16 AM. Reason: add ing more detail