Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    While reading all of the different threads about how the update has gone with the overclock patch installed, i would like to remove mine before updating. My question is how do i remove it?
    Type this into your Commandline Linux window on WebOs Quick Install

sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh uninstall

Make sure you leave the spaces...between the "sh's" or it wont work. And, honestly, i reinstalled it after the update and it works flawlessly ...No problems over here.
    let the bashing begin.....

you do know that you are the 100+ person to ask this question on this same forum?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...install-b.html

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Type this into your Commandline Linux window on WebOs Quick Install

sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh uninstall

Make sure you leave the spaces...between the "sh's" or it wont work. And, honestly, i reinstalled it after the update and it works flawlessly ...No problems over here.
    this depends on whether you have 1.4 or 1.3.5.1

Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    this depends on whether you have 1.4 or 1.3.5.1
    Well..seeing that he's upgrading to 1.4.1.................
    Well..seeing that he's upgrading to 1.4.1.................
    yeah but there are those that weren't going to upgrade to 1.4 until 1.4.1 came out for some reason idk why

did you do a search?? its only posted in the same thread that you downloaded if from... lol read dude
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    did you do a search?? its only posted in the same thread that you downloaded if from... lol read dude

i think this guy said it best:

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

Not to insult anyone here or anything, but I'm amazed at how many people will do a potentially dangerous, warranty-voiding mod to their phones without fully reading the instructions.

Well..it works fine for me. Basically, if the phone doesnt get hot, then you're fine.
    Well..it works fine for me. Basically, if the phone doesnt get hot, then you're fine.
    i'm tempted to try it w/ 1.4.1 lol but i'll hold off until they give us the ok... man i miss the patch lol and i only had it on for 3 days

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    1.4.1.1 auto-installed on my device overnight before I uninstalled the 800 MHz patch and my phone was fine. I reinstalled the 800 MHz patch without issue.

Following that I updated all of my other installed patches via Preware. The only patch which failed to install/uninstall was the "Named Pages in the Launcher" patch. At this point I cannot update or remove that patch. Otherwise, all seems to be fine.

Cheers.
    I would wait for the OC to be compatible with 1.4.1.1. I just updated and some apps load faster but the overall speed and fluidity now sux. Things are not smooth as they were with the 800 OC. I regret updating now. I can't wait till the patch is updated!
    @fanrat the issue could be that the name pages patch isn't compatible with 1.4.1 yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalez2066 View Post
    I would wait for the OC to be compatible with 1.4.1.1. I just updated and some apps load faster but the overall speed and fluidity now sux. Things are not smooth as they were with the 800 OC. I regret updating now. I can't wait till the patch is updated!
    As I got my 4th pre plus today I'm thinking the same thing. I uninstalled the patch, reset the device (3rd), and still had the keyboard issues (that I had before the patch). I'd stick with 1.4 and an 800oc. I can't wait to try the wifi hotspot for free now!!!