1.    #1  
    So I'm not sure if this is the beginning of a hardware failure or not.

I would say half the time I'm in an app and press the button to "minimize" and switch apps - instead of doing that the Pre screen "slides up" and brings up the volume control icon/notification. Pressing the button seems to just tweeak on the volume control. If I let it "go down" and press the button again sometimes it will work - sometimes it re-brings up the volume control.

Anyone else seen this happen? I am really not sure what the Sprint warranty policy is on fixes.

And this just after I said last week how much I loved the Pre and hadnt had any issues at all
  2.    #2  
    ^^
    Did you run the update yet? 1.4.1.1 does list fixing this on the change log.
    I downloaded the update ..and low and behold the volume issue is still..an issue. Spoke to Palm (UK) and they tell me that they are prioritising my problem and I may have to send it back!!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    Did you run the update yet? 1.4.1.1 does list fixing this on the change log.
    Thanks very much - I did the upgrade on Friday and have not seen this problem recur since then.