Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 106
  1. pmalena's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #81  
    Was able to connect my Palm TX this AM. Will try the laptop tonight--sweet!
    Patrice
    Virginia
    Works like nothing else!
  2. #82  
    hey everyone the mobile hotspot also works for the Sprint pre as well. I have been using it yesterday for a laptop, and a iphone and it works great heres the thread for it.

    HOW TO: Install Mobile Hotspot on a 1.4.1.1 Sprint Pre
  3. danib62's Avatar
    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    #83  
    Calling #DATA and checking online just gives me my total data usage. The data used under the broadband mobile connect still displays 0 even though I've used mobile hotspot.
  4. #84  
    Hooked in last night with my laptop and I was amazed at the speed of the connection. This is a great benefit to VZN customers.
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad
  5. #85  
    Any luck yet johnj2803? Did you reset the phone after you removed mytether?
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
  6. #86  
    Sprint needs to do this pretty quick. This puts me over the top for a reason to switch to Verizon, as I have no broadband ISP in the area where I live.
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by PMac63 View Post
    Activated it...
    Turned it on...
    Setup a password...
    IT WORKS!!!

    Great speed on my MacBook and also runs my Slingplayer on my iPod Touch.

    Good stuff Verizon!!!
    PMac63, how is the speed/quality of your iPod Touch and Slingplayer? I've tried this and it's so slow that it's unusable. I'm in a solid 3g area too. When I Sling with my PC laptop and the hotspot I get good speed and quality. Anyone else try this?

    Thanks
  8. #88  
    I was in the VZW store (so please treat all of the following information accordingly) this morning getting some screen protectors for my newly-acquired Pre, and I asked about the free mobile hotspot. The CSR asked the manager, and the CSR told me that the promotion they have in-store was that the mobile hotspot was free for one month and then $40 per month thereafter.

    I have not taken any time to verify this information with a VZW telephone CSR or otherwise, so, again, please take this with however many grains of salt as may be necessary. I just wanted to pass along some hearsay, albeit fresh hearsay.
    "Honest to the point of recklessness; self-centered in the extreme."
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3Lov3r View Post
    Any luck yet johnj2803? Did you reset the phone after you removed mytether?

    still no go for me... i am trying to doctor my phone right now... will update
  10. #90  
    This is pretty awesome, hope it last indefinitely.

    I'm waiting on my tires to get changed and I was able to stream video/audio for one of my online classes, impressed that it was fast enough for that.
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    still no go for me... i am trying to doctor my phone right now... will update
    I've got my fingers crossed for you!
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by Newboy View Post
    PMac63, how is the speed/quality of your iPod Touch and Slingplayer? I've tried this and it's so slow that it's unusable. I'm in a solid 3g area too. When I Sling with my PC laptop and the hotspot I get good speed and quality. Anyone else try this?

    Thanks
    The speed with the MHS is really good. Speedtest.net showed 3Mb/s down and 1Mb/s up with an 85 ping. The Slingplayer on the iTouch is decent quality, in fact its much better than the Slingplayer I ran directly on my Treo 700p prior to getting the Pre with MHS. You also have to remember that the network that that your actual Slingbox is connected to, has to have a fast upload speed which mine is currently around 8-10Mb/s.
  13. danib62's Avatar
    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    #93  
    For some reason my verizon lists my mobile broadband connect data limit as unlimited. Screenshot is attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14. danib62's Avatar
    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by danib62 View Post
    For some reason my verizon lists my mobile broadband connect data limit as unlimited. Screenshot is attached.
    Upon further review it appears that unlimited refers to my normal data. Nothing to see here. Move along.
  15. #95  
    Same issue here. I was using MyTether prior, removed it, rebooted, and still no-worky.
  16. #96  
    I hope sprint adds this some day, legally of course
  17. rayhollister
    rayhollister's Avatar
    #97  
    I'm so jealous! Sprint better up the ante and offer free Mobile Hotspot with a quickness! I'm tired of bootlegging it. (Whoops did I just say that outloud?)
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by PMac63 View Post
    The speed with the MHS is really good. Speedtest.net showed 3Mb/s down and 1Mb/s up with an 85 ping. The Slingplayer on the iTouch is decent quality, in fact its much better than the Slingplayer I ran directly on my Treo 700p prior to getting the Pre with MHS. You also have to remember that the network that that your actual Slingbox is connected to, has to have a fast upload speed which mine is currently around 8-10Mb/s.
    PMac63, thanks for the post. I have Comcast Internet. Using Speedtest.net my speeds are relatively fast and my slingbox is connected via ethernet to my cable modum. My laptop on Comcast via wireless is 10 Mb/s dn and 1.54 up. When it's connected to the MHS it is 1.32 dn and .19 up. My iTouch is 5.1 Dn and 1.5 up on my wireless and 99 kb/s dn and 127 kb/s up on the MHS. Weird that the up was faster. As you can see I'm no where near your speeds on MHS.

    Do you think I have something wrong with my wireless setting on the iTouch?
  19. danib62's Avatar
    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    #99  
    My speeds have been a mixed bag. Sometimes good (not great) other times eh. Here is my latest speed test. This is one of the better ones:

    Last edited by danib62; 04/03/2010 at 08:18 PM.
  20. vreihen's Avatar
    Posts
    495 Posts
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by louwiid View Post
    I was in the VZW store (so please treat all of the following information accordingly) this morning getting some screen protectors for my newly-acquired Pre, and I asked about the free mobile hotspot. The CSR asked the manager, and the CSR told me that the promotion they have in-store was that the mobile hotspot was free for one month and then $40 per month thereafter.
    I was just in a corporate VZW store this afternoon. Long story short, this post is coming through my new Verizon Pre+ via MHS. Since I had a new every two waiting on my account, I walked out the door without paying a dime for it!

    The receipt for my transaction spells out everything, and 3G MHS is a $0.00 included feature for the duration of the contract. To wit (from the paper receipt):

    Selected Features:
    3-Way Calling
    Call Waiting
    Call Forwarding
    Streamlined Billing - $0
    General IP Address
    Email & Web -Smartphone $29.99
    National Access Roaming
    3G Mobile Hotspot 5GB $0
    PIX FLIX Pay Per MSG
    International Dialing allowed-$0
    M2M National Unlimited - $0
    New Every Two Multi-Tiered - $0

    For all those who think that Verizon is mis-managing Palm phone sales, I need to point out that the *only* poster that they had hanging in their window was for the BOGO Pre+ and Pixi+. The sales guy didn't try to talk me out of the Pre+, and one of the other sales women said that her brother is making money from programs he submitted to the apps catalog.

    He said that the only reason why the Palm phones aren't flying out the door is because some people still associate them with the old PalmOS crap, and that the release of the Plus phones on Verizon was timed awfully right after the Droid was released on Verizon.....
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions