Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    Just went on VZ's site and it says MyVerizon is temporarily unavailable
    I just tried and I was able to log into myvzn acct online just fine. Maybe try again?
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Just something I want to point out that I read in a disclaimer ...

If you enable the Mobile Hotspot app (flip the switch to 'on'), any data that your phone consumes while the app is broadcasted is counted towards your 5GB allowance and NOT your data plan. Just be weary to shut it off when you're not using it for your tethering (as if the battery drain wasn't reason enough).
    Freakness monster! My mobile hotspot stopped working when I selected the option to add it to my account and now my the option is not there on the computer to disable it. Its not working and now its free......
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    don't worry too much about leaving it on longer then you intend. It has an auto-shutoff feature. After just 3 hours your battery dies and it goes off...
    everything works perfect for me. . . i love it!
    could I just fire up mobile hot spot? Or do I have to go into my account. It seemed to work wen I just started it up
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    I posted this great verizon deal over on deals.woot.com. Trying to spread the pre gospel.

If you're a woot member head on over and vote it up here: Palm Pre Plus at Verizon Wireless buy one get one free with free moblie hotspot for $49.99

Hopefully we can get it on the main page and spread some pre awareness.
    Quote Originally Posted by danib62 View Post
    I posted this great verizon deal over on deals.woot.com. Trying to spread the pre gospel.

If you're a woot member head on over and vote it up here: Palm Pre Plus at Verizon Wireless buy one get one free with free moblie hotspot for $49.99

Hopefully we can get it on the main page and spread some pre awareness.
    Yep, my friend and his brother took advantage of this deal tonight! They are both very excited...as am I. I've raved so much about it that they couldn't wait to get one and were pleasantly surprised by the price point.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Can't connect to any site with my PC. I activated the feature, connected the PC to the phone using DHCP and I can't connect to any website. ALso, with MHS on, the phone signal drops in half and the phone seems WAY hotter than it was with MyTether, which I'm sticking with since it actually works and allows me to browse the web.

I tried using DHCP and manual DNS servers and surfing sites with their IP addresses and nothing works.

For the record, I have MyTether and the bandwidth cap patch.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Well, I just tried this by adding the feature to my Pre Plus, then running the Hotspot app. It works perfectly with my Macbook. No problem browsing, email, etc. Really terrific.
    Activated it...
    Turned it on...
    Setup a password...
    IT WORKS!!!

Great speed on my MacBook and also runs my Slingplayer on my iPod Touch.
    Just in time for the Red Sox vs. Yankees season opener on Sunday. I guess my wife will be driving home from Easter at the relatives.

Good stuff Verizon!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    FYI, I'm pretty sure that Verizon has an exclusive.
    GSM pres have it
    I'm using it now, after adding it in the middle of the night last night (this morning). In addition to checking your usage online, I assume that we can also call #data (#3282), the number listed by Verizon in your contacts. I plan to check later, after testing it out, to see how much has been used by this test run. My average usage just using my phone has been about 120mb per day, which is under 4gb/mo., so I expect that occasional hotspot usage, when out and about and away from home wifi, should be way under the limit. My main question is whether I'll actually end up needing to use it much. Will I now take my laptop with me more often? Maybe, for emailing or for when I want to surf the net in full-size pages, but I'm already spoiled by having a palm-sized computer that fits in my pocket and is always available. Checking my regular sites works fine on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    anyone got it to work ok?

I mean use it and able to tether and browse with it?

I cant seem to make it work. I see my pre plus on my mac, but the mac cannot connect to the internet. I know its connected because it was detected by the mobile hotspot app.

and yes it was updated in the online account already
    Quote Originally Posted by MP5_ForTheWin View Post
    You may need to do *228 option 1 to enable the feature. I just assumed I needed to after adding a new feature that the phone needs to know about for the app to work. Mine works fine.

Good Luck.

Just to update you guys... it seems like i still cannot run MHS because i have mytether installed and running before...

what i did was to delete the app... but still it didn't run... resets in between but still no go...

Whatever mytether did, i dont know... but i will do a full erase and try again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3Lov3r View Post
    I reported in one of the threads last night about this that I got it to work just fine on my Macbook. I didn't need to reset the phone or anything. I set the passphrase, turned on the MHS on my phone, looked in my list of networks on the Macbook and there it was. I clicked on it, entered my password and it connected. I checked my email and came to this forum and all was fine.
    Is there any way to tell on the Pre how much data you're using with Mobile hotspot? I don't want to go over the 5GB cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by sudarphani View Post
    Is there any way to tell on the Pre how much data you're using with Mobile hotspot? I don't want to go over the 5GB cap.
    Call #3282 on your phone and Verizon will instantly send your phone a text message with your current Data Usage. If you continue to listen, an automated voice will also tell you the usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkFat View Post
    Can't connect to any site with my PC. I activated the feature, connected the PC to the phone using DHCP and I can't connect to any website. ALso, with MHS on, the phone signal drops in half and the phone seems WAY hotter than it was with MyTether, which I'm sticking with since it actually works and allows me to browse the web.

I tried using DHCP and manual DNS servers and surfing sites with their IP addresses and nothing works.

For the record, I have MyTether and the bandwidth cap patch.
    +1 Same issue here.
    Quote Originally Posted by compo View Post
    I called VZN customer service and they told me it still costs $40. They said it was probably an April fool's joke. I then accessed my account on line and was able to add it for $0. Go to update/change features and you will see it listed for $0. You simply have to add it as a service. It then confirms it will add $0 to the monthly bill.
    I called yesterday, the rep said he added it to my account. Then when I got home and setup the hotspot, on the first attempted page visit I got a Verizon page indicating that I didn't have the service setup. (It will allow you to setup the Hotspot and connect a PC whether you have it or not, you just won't get out to the internet.)

Seeing your post, I went in to my online account to set it up for myself. And found that what the customer service rep had done was not to setup mobile hotspot, but to upgrade me to the more expensive "Unlimited Corporate Email & Web for Smartphones" plan that does absolutely nothing for me.
    im actually using the mobile hot spot from my pre+ at the moment it is free. Was using my Storm2 and switched this on to see in fact if it was free. Man i love my Palm Pre+. getting almost 1mb down.
    Quote Originally Posted by PMac63 View Post
    Call #3282 on your phone and Verizon will instantly send your phone a text message with your current Data Usage. If you continue to listen, an automated voice will also tell you the usage.
    Does this separate the data used on the phone vs mobile hotspot? Thanks!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast