Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 106
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    I am glad you posted that, so only 5GB for the mobile hotspot, any place we can check the current usage?
    I believe you have to donwload the VZ access manager and it will allow you to view how much data you have used.

    VZAccess Manager
  2. #42  
    While the FREE Mobile Hotspot is nice, I'd rather have the VZ Navigator for FREE.
  3. #43  
    I can confirm that Mobile Hotspot from Verizon is free. I called Verizon to verify and on a recorded call she said it was. You can get it free on all phones if you have a family plan or multiple phones - not just the primary phone. I went ahead and added it to all phones so any of us can connect our computers to the Internet. Before, when it was a paid feature, we only had it on one phone to use when we were traveling. Now, each computer has access to a full bandwidth connection.

    She also confirmed that this is not a time limited feature - there is no expiration date on the free feature - again on a recorded call.

    As an aside, since the price of the phones is now $49.99 and I purchased them for $149.99 on 3/10, I asked if she could match that price. At first she said no. When I said I could just go to the store, return the phones under 30 day money back guarantee and repurchase under new price, she went ahead and issued a $100 credit. I confirmed that this credit was issued on the webpage.

    Take care,
    Panagiotis
  4. #44  
    Yeah, the price drop is a b!tch. I picked mine up for 149 in January, and no they're all the way down to $50 (or Free at Walmart!).

    Makes me cry a little bit.
  5. #45  
    This is a big deal. Sprint will be hurt by this if they don't react, esp. given all the people who are now out of contract because of the material change they made in January.
  6. #46  
    just added!!! its really $0.00!
  7. lancepr's Avatar
    Posts
    125 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    #47  
    yeah just added via vzw.com, this nice! Too bad I already pay for a mifi!
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV View Post
    While the FREE Mobile Hotspot is nice, I'd rather have the VZ Navigator for FREE.
    Oh yea! That would be sweet! ...never happening though.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
  9. danib62's Avatar
    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV View Post
    While the FREE Mobile Hotspot is nice, I'd rather have the VZ Navigator for FREE.
    I'd settle for them to just stop mucking with the GPS so google maps and YPmobile work right!
  10. #50  
    So does Verizon make more money charging $40/month for MHS or by charging overages while letting you use MHS for free?
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    This is a big deal. Sprint will be hurt by this if they don't react, esp. given all the people who are now out of contract because of the material change they made in January.
    Us tech-savvy Sprint users have had free tethering since last summer lol. But I do see your point since most Pre users don't know about homebrew...
  12. #52  
    I just added this to both my Pre and my wife's Pixi Plus. I have to say now that hotspot is free, the Pre and Pixi are the best smartphones you can buy on any network as far as out of the box functionality goes. Palm and VZW need new commercials centering around this feature like TODAY!
  13. #53  
    anyone got it to work ok?

    I mean use it and able to tether and browse with it?

    I cant seem to make it work. I see my pre plus on my mac, but the mac cannot connect to the internet. I know its connected because it was detected by the mobile hotspot app.

    and yes it was updated in the online account already
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    I feel left out. (Sprint user)
    MyTether and FreeTether are both great options. As of 1.4.1(.1) Mobile HotSpot works now. All you have to do is update in the shopping cart.
  15. #55  
    #DATA will give you some data usage info in a txt

    e_t
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    anyone got it to work ok?

    I mean use it and able to tether and browse with it?

    I cant seem to make it work. I see my pre plus on my mac, but the mac cannot connect to the internet. I know its connected because it was detected by the mobile hotspot app.

    and yes it was updated in the online account already
    You may need to do *228 option 1 to enable the feature. I just assumed I needed to after adding a new feature that the phone needs to know about for the app to work. Mine works fine.

    Good Luck.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    anyone got it to work ok?

    I mean use it and able to tether and browse with it?

    I cant seem to make it work. I see my pre plus on my mac, but the mac cannot connect to the internet. I know its connected because it was detected by the mobile hotspot app.

    and yes it was updated in the online account already
    I reported in one of the threads last night about this that I got it to work just fine on my Macbook. I didn't need to reset the phone or anything. I set the passphrase, turned on the MHS on my phone, looked in my list of networks on the Macbook and there it was. I clicked on it, entered my password and it connected. I checked my email and came to this forum and all was fine.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
  18. #58  
    I still think Verizon is playing the most epic April Fool's joke ever... lol. It just doesn't seem like Verizon to give away something for free.
  19. PreMium's Avatar
    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    #59  
    Just went on VZ's site and it says MyVerizon is temporarily unavailable
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I still think Verizon is playing the most epic April Fool's joke ever... lol. It just doesn't seem like Verizon to give away something for free.
    lol Yes, it's very uncharacteristic of them. However, I did receive my confirmation text message from them today saying that it was indeed added to my account ( I added it in the wee hours of the morning). I was told by a dear friend who works for BB Mobile that this was Verizon's way of competing with Sprint's upcoming package for the new 4g phone, which will include a free hot spot app.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions