Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwpreplus2010 View Post
    i agree that would be shady as hell
    speaking of shady, a lil bit off topic, i was in NY and i was reading the paper and saw this full page add that said free goverment issued safe's, it looked like a real report. i was like damn, that cool i want one lol.

i kept reading and it said:

Free safe, and somewhere towards the bottom, when you buy these $299 set of gold coins blah blah blah..

talk about shady

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    wow guys this is awesome

3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by badjokes View Post
    wow guys this is awesome

Thanks for the picture evidence.
    I tried again to get onto the Verizon MHS, but when I access it through my other phone, it gives me a web page with pricing, it will not let me use the wifi unless I pay....and I get an SSL certificate error on my Pre when I try to connect to it....
    remember you have to add this to your VZ account for it to work. I just got off the phone with a VZ rep and he didnt know about the free Hotspot app, but added to my account for FREEE. Thanks verizon for something for once, maybe a first.
    Quote Originally Posted by FozzyBear View Post
    I tried again to get onto the Verizon MHS, but when I access it through my other phone, it gives me a web page with pricing, it will not let me use the wifi unless I pay....and I get an SSL certificate error on my Pre when I try to connect to it....
    goto verizon and add the feature to your account. i posted a pic above, it says 0.00/month! after you add it it works great.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by badjokes View Post
    goto verizon and add the feature to your account. i posted a pic above, it says 0.00/month! after you add it it works great.
    What if ur not the primary user on the account? How can we add it without going onto the website?
    Woot! Just added it to my account and it was instantly enabled on my Pre Plus. I'm giving it to all the iphone fan boi's at the office as we speak. I even have an iphone connected to my Pre.
    What if ur not the primary user on the account? How can we add it without going onto the website?
    i think you have to be primary user to add features, im not positive tho.
  10.    #30  
    Anyone know how much it is if you go over the 5GB ceiling?
    Anyone know how much it is if you go over the 5GB ceiling?
    i just checked, it say's:

an arm and a leg

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Slightly different photo evidence. No mention of "limited time only" or any other caveats. Once you add it, it disappears and there is no "remove" button.

13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    i just checked, it say's:

an arm and a leg
    Ok thats what i was thinking also
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Just because it allowed you to add it at $0.00 doesn't mean it isn't mistake and they can change it back to the regular price and start bill you for it.
    If they do I will not pay for it. I just added it because it was free. I will keep an eye on my bill but I do not think VZN is that shady.
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    exactly sprint, and At&t need to match this it would be a feature no phone could match, and pump sells through the roof
    FYI, I'm pretty sure that Verizon has an exclusive on the mobile Hot Spot feature.

My guess is that they are making it free so they can manage their 5GB cap. WIth MyTether it appears to them as phone usage, and doesn't count towards that cap - because data usage from the phone itself is unlimited.

Before you start hating on Verizon, I used their tethering heavily on my Treo and Centro constantly, and I never went beyond about 2GB. That included lots of downloads and streaming, etc. Unless you are running bittorrent or an e-commerce site through the mobile hotspot, you will be fine.

It makes sense that Verizon wants to encourage Mobile Hotspot use so they can manage this and prevent it from killing the network like the iPhone did to AT&T. Using MyTether makes that harder for them to do.

Just a hunch...
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    This is amazing. I too thought that precentral was playing an april fools joke on us but I went into my account on verizon's website and there it was ripe for the adding. This is incredible. Verizon and palm need to start marketing the bejesus out of this because no one else offers anything even close to this.
    It is FREE. I called and confirmed, added it to my line, and will be credited for it in the future if I am charged for it. Went to speed test dot net, not too bad of speeds either

I am looking at about 1-2% of my batter being drained every five minutes or less though, brutal on the battery.
    I added it to my VZ account for $0, too.
    I am glad you posted that, so only 5GB for the mobile hotspot, any place we can check the current usage?
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    I am glad you posted that, so only 5GB for the mobile hotspot, any place we can check the current usage?
    While logged into Verizonwireless.com, go to ACCOUNT OVERVIEW and click on VIEW USAGE:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast