1.    #1  
    So I haven't checked in a few days...and I wake up this morning with an itch to check my updates, and WALLA!

But then I come on here and see nothing but trouble...patch trouble...theme trouble....

Yikes!

I think I'll wait a couple of weeks until everything starts to look up.

Anyone else got the patience to wait for calmer water?
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    Many are holding off as a result of waiting for the overclock patch:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...upgrading.html
    Twitter: dullgeek
    it's actually a good update...

I suggest you remove all patches and theme and run the update.

after the update, reinstall patches.
    was going to wait but ..no patience.. updated last night with 39 patches. Only 1 didn't update, everything is smooth so far and faster (but we have said that early on before)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    was going to wait but ..no patience.. updated last night with 39 patches. Only 1 didn't update, everything is smooth so far and faster (but we have said that early on before)
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    it's actually a good update...

I suggest you remove all patches and theme and run the update.

after the update, reinstall patches.
    Wow you guys are the first ones that I've read that didn't have ***** tons of problems...I may have to reconsider....but it would be nice if the update included things that actually enticed me...but these ambiguous *fixes* that I won't even notice don't provide a whole lot of motivation for taking the risk...*sigh*
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I'm on Sprint in Europe (GSM Pre) and I think Palm might be blocking my update. It's not showing anyway.

I reflashed many times before, to O2 and back, to get new OS updates. But this time I'm not even bothering. It doesn't seem like my country will be getting paid apps anyway. *frustration*
    Oddly enough I updated my phone with the overclocking 800mhz patch still enabled and it's still working fine. I know it's not the best practice, but it's still running fast and if I get to a point where I have to dr. the phone so be it!

Thanks,

Ken
    You have to remember most people are going to complain when the update breaks something they are not going to come to a forum and check in with great success. Some minor bugs may come out of the update (I haven't read or heard anything major "yet").

There are many bug fixes that have been put into 1.4.1. so I guess it comes down to how much you want the bugs fixed and who knows you may update and find another bug that no one else has noticed before we can't fix it until we know about it, and if you hold off on updating and update at the last minute then tell us the bug exists, it's likely not going to be included in the next update.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    i'm holding off on the update due to my overclock patch. Does anyone know if i remove the patch to update, will the patch work with 1.4.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    Anyone else gonna hold off on the update?
    Nope
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  11. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon View Post
    i'm holding off on the update due to my overclock patch. Does anyone know if i remove the patch to update, will the patch work with 1.4.1?
    A few people have said it works fine as far as they can tell. But the developers of the overclock patch are strongly recommending to remove it and wait a couple days until they can test and provide a new ipk file.

xtn
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    You have to remember most people are going to complain when the update breaks something they are not going to come to a forum and check in with great success. Some minor bugs may come out of the update (I haven't read or heard anything major "yet").

There are many bug fixes that have been put into 1.4.1. so I guess it comes down to how much you want the bugs fixed and who knows you may update and find another bug that no one else has noticed before we can't fix it until we know about it, and if you hold off on updating and update at the last minute then tell us the bug exists, it's likely not going to be included in the next update.
    Good point. I have run the EPR, verified in Preware that the patches are no longer installed, and am updating now. I appreciate the advise.
    anyone have link to the no update patch or feature?

I'm only going to update after they update the 800mhz patch

I know after a few days Palm will force me to update
    I love this update,,phone runs much better,,all the patch problems you heard were because the patches were not instantly updated and a bunch of people paniced.