1. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I am trying to get the 1.4.1.1 update and my Pre will not get past the "checking for updates" screen. its been sitting there for about 10 min. I have wifi on so internet is not a problem. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Sort of. I seem to have finished the update - I got a download screen, progress bar starts, progress bar progress bar progresses, progress bar finishes... I think. I left it at about 75% to go and take a shower, and when I got back, I just had the static Palm logo screen. Which stayed there until I made the possible mistake of pulling the battery. But rebooting doesn't seem to have done anything...
  3. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I don't even get to the update. The update app never loads..
    I have the same issue on my pre. My wifes pixe updated fine, but I can't get a response from the update app.
    I would like to try to get some diagnostic logs for devices that are failing to update. Please send me a private message if you can assist with the issue.

--HardBeatZ
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Mine tells me there is an application update but when it takes me to the App store everything is up to date???????? Restart did not fix???
    My update app also sticks on "checking for updates" and never gets anywhere. Really frustrating. Glad I'm not the only one, but any idea on solutions? I also am having the reboot problem. It gets stuck on the spinner when I try to reboot, whether from luna or from the command line, and I have to pull the battery - every time.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    +1 I am still on 1.3.5 because I couldn't update to 1.4 for this same reason. I just never had the time to take care of it. Previously, my phone would always prompt me for an update when I plugged it in to charge it, but it no longer seems to do that. At least it hasn't since my 1.3.5 update. And when I go to the updates app, I get the same thing as the OP. I would really like to get this fixed.
  9. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    this is getting annoying. I figured it'd be fixed by now
    I guess you can always go to this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/general...ml#post2347934

and Dr. your phone to 1.4.1
    Yeah, except that that would suck. I definitely shouldn't have to doctor my phone just to do a simple update.
  12. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Yah, so i did a full reset on my phone and the problem went away, which leads me to believe that the problem is not sever-side...so for those waiting for this to fix itself, i wouldn't hold your breath.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I had the same thing - stuck on "checking for updates," it's been that way every time i've run "Updates" since installing 1.4. I just ran the Emergency Patch Recovery and that didn't do any good, just took all of my patches away. Downloading the Doctor now.
    I doctored mine and it still does it. No patches. ILm probably going to dr to 141 and get it over with.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I had the same problem and had to doctor it. I tried the quick repair utility, but it reported the proper checksum for the update application.
    This is caused by a phantom application. Read the post on phantom applications. I and other have posted a fix that does NOT require you to doctor your Pre.
    Bill
    Mine's still stuck, and I didn't have any phantom applications, but I removed the install db and rebooted... didn't help. Any other ideas (besides doctoring)?
    I ended up up erasing all of my data and then it would update. Tried the phantom application procedure, but it didn't help.