Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello
    I am from Denmark and have a German Pre. I can see all the paid apps! But i can not add my Visa card because my country if not on the billing list!

This is ****ing me off?

I have contacted Palm and they say:
    ": I apologize but there is no other way to try and add applications. If the billing address for your Visa is not witthin the list of countries you won't be able to purchase"

And when i asked when more country s will be added she said:
    "We still do not have that information as the latest version for WebOs was just launched today."

Do anyone know a workaround? Or where i can get a Visa card from a valid billing country?
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    RebelSIM user by any chance?

Would it make sense to create a virtual creditcard with Palm's UK address, and try that?
    I do not use RebelSIM as my phone is fully unlocked.

Any serious help? Is there any bank where i can create a visa card online for free?
  3.    #3  
    I was being serious though...
    How can i make my own virtual working visa card?
  4.    #4  
    I can see that https://www.entropay.com/ might be the solution
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    It shouldn't be this hard. All I'm saying..
  6.    #6  
    Good news, I have an entropay card
    And yes, they offer an elektron kind of service.
    You just link your real plastic to that card.
    But do you know if the billing country will be UK? Because if it will is Denmark and is no difference from what i got now..
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    interestingly enough, my Austrian credit card works on my German Pre (I am from Austria, and in Austria the Pre is not available).
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    interestingly enough, my Austrian credit card works on my German Pre (I am from Austria, and in Austria the Pre is not available).
    Yer but can you choose Austria as billing country? I can not select Denmark and that is the problem.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    ah, see.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Good news, I have an entropay card
    And yes, they offer an elektron kind of service.
    You just link your real plastic to that card.
    Hey, thanks for this, i just took a look and think i'll go with them.

is it normal for them to ask for a fax/scan of my linked credit card and my drivers licence? (this is what i nominated as my ID).
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    thanks mate, going ahead with it. i think a human needs to check what i'm sending, so i guess i might have to wait a while until it's all approved and i can get going.

so have you used ur virtual card on the palm app catalog?

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    wow really? i first activated mine in australia, but it shows me the spanish app catalog, including paid ones. so are u selecting 'uk' when putting in the credit card info?

Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    i'd say it's a fair bet it is legal. i'm not worried about that. if it works, they get ur money - simple as that.

i'll post an update in the morning, probably by then they'll have activated me. if it doesn't work... ah well i'll just cancel it and chalk it up to a waste of time.

if I were the OP i would open a PAYPAL account...
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I dont have an answer for you but if it makes you feel any better, I live in the US and havent purchased a single paid app yet.

You're not really missing out on much.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    if I were the OP i would open a PAYPAL account...
    I don't recall Paypal being an option for the app catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I don't recall Paypal being an option for the app catalog.
    Exactly.
    My BAD! Sorry...
    BTW I know the Canadians got hosed again, but when I went in to check my billing info, Canada and Mexico are listed as billing countries for me. Maybe that's a sign it won't be toooo long of a delay.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    God, if paypal was an option, i'd have no problems!!

i have heard paypal is looking at bringing out virtual credit cards, they're currently having some private beta run of them. maybe an option for the future?

Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    sorry tomi666, yeah it was a 12mb download.

i've got the entropay card, it's loaded up with a few euros, it's a uk card, i select 'united kingdom', my language is set to english - uk, and now my pre tells me "the credit card you are using may be fraudulent'.

FRICKIN' HELL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast