1.    #1  
    In the past, I am pretty sure that when I hit the power button while my screen is on, it would immeditely turn off. Now after the 1.4.1 update it fades quickly to an off screen. It barely takes a second to do so. Is this new?
    You might be right, but i'm not 100% sure. It's hard to tell.
    I'm pretty sure you're right. My pre never had that kind of delay before the update, but now, there is definitely a lag.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    My screen turns off the same after 1.4.1.1 update. I don't see fading, or any diff.
    mine has always faded out.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHolyGrail View Post
    In the past, I am pretty sure that when I hit the power button while my screen is on, it would immeditely turn off. Now after the 1.4.1 update it fades quickly to an off screen. It barely takes a second to do so. Is this new?
    Did you recently turn up your screen brightness (or perhaps lose a patch, in the update, that used to keep it low)? My screen "fades" when brightness is up and turns off immediately when brightness is low or completely off (I use the patch that lets you turn it all the way down). This behavior, for me, was and is the same before and after 1.4.1.1.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    My screen turns off the same after 1.4.1.1 update. I don't see fading, or any diff.
    Mine is the the same as well, also 1411 here.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog View Post
    Did you recently turn up your screen brightness (or perhaps lose a patch, in the update, that used to keep it low)? My screen "fades" when brightness is up and turns off immediately when brightness is low or completely off (I use the patch that lets you turn it all the way down). This behavior, for me, was and is the same before and after 1.4.1.1.
    Yeah, good point. It could be a patch that I cleared.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I promise I'm not intentionally trying to be a jerk or anything by asking this, but so what if it did change?
  10.    #10  
    No worries. I imagine it was the reduce minimum brightness patch. I ran the EPR before updating. That patch coming off probably did it.