3 8.57%
  • - I can buy "Paid Apps"

0 0%
  • - I can't do jack5h!t

30 85.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1.    #1  
    <<deleted>>
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 08/11/2011 at 05:14 AM.
    No nothing here for me, somewhat annoying. Also getting updates that seemed to work earlier does not seem to work now but that might be a temporary error (I hope).
    Nothing new from me, just some changes in the presentation of the catalog first page, but only free apps available. By the way, before the update apps drop from around 400 to 100 and now i'm at least back to some 420 free apps. No sign of paid apps though, or whatever else may be linked to be able to buy apps or insert my payments details somewhere.
    After hopefull openeing the app catelog a few times since yesterday I'm coming to grips I will not have paid apps. Only 419 free apps available. There no menu option to add anything at all.
    I'm on T-mobile in the Netherlands by the way, while my palm profile states United States (but i bought it second hand, so i don't know how it started its use).
    i'm loosing my mind here...
    i bought a few weeks ago an unlocked Pre from O2 Germany to use it in Romania. I created a Palm Profile with my Vodafone Romania SIM over 3G, with APN settings configured manually. And it works very well for placing calls, 3G data, messaging, etc BUT i cant open the App Catalog. I get the dreaded "Try again later", even after updating to 1.4.1
    This is really frustrating, i cant even get to the free apps like Facebook, weather, twitter, etc. It's almost a feature phone for me. I don't know why this is happening.

Anyone still having this issue in the less "official" countries in Europe?
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    mine shows 542apps both paid and free. My pre was activated in Spain on a spanish carier. Now I'm in Sweden using a Swedish carrier with no problems. Sothe solution to this problem seem to be: Get the phone activated in a official country then your good to go. What's relye frustrating thogh is that as the Pre was activated in Spain the app catalouge persumes that I understand Spanish. I do not . So when downloading NFS it was in spanish. Sims3 is however in english also asassins creed.
    So enough of game talk, the Pre rocks. By far exeeds expectations and the way I use the Pre I have no problem with the battery life. I also use a car charger whenever in the car. That's the official Palm Pre charger. Charges about 1%/ 2 min.
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by beca View Post
    So the solution to this problem seem to be: Get the phone activated in a official country then your good to go.
    yes, thank you. I've also seen this solution on other forums, but it's impossible for me to travel to Germany just to activate an already activated phone that was bought full price and unlocked. And it's probably the most idiotic restriction that i've ever witnessed. Why arent at least the free apps available in unsupported countries is beyond my understanding.

i wanted to like and use this phone, but sadly, i'll have to give it to my girlfriend and go back to the iPhone 3G.
    Same here in unoficial Brazil...
    Quote Originally Posted by BogdanGC View Post
    yes, thank you. I've also seen this solution on other forums, but it's impossible for me to travel to Germany just to activate an already activated phone that was bought full price and unlocked. And it's probably the most idiotic restriction that i've ever witnessed. Why arent at least the free apps available in unsupported countries is beyond my understanding.

i wanted to like and use this phone, but sadly, i'll have to give it to my girlfriend and go back to the iPhone 3G.
    But u still even don't see free apps either? that's bit of even stranger...
    140 is a bizarre number...u know what tomi666, that is exactly the number of apps my catalog was showing before the update to 1.4.1. some hours before the catalog list went from 400+ to 140 without anything changing, at least to my knowledge. then i got the update alert, i did it, and i was back to 400+...but still i don't get what happened then.
    and still i don't get why even within unofficial countries there are differences...