Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Yup, the rumor is true! I'm a Verizon customer and just added it to my two Pre's, SWEET! 5gb limit, then pay per mb. But I'll never use the 5gb, so I'm good to go.
    Should have been free to begin with.

Verizon loves nickel and diming though.
    Nickel and diming? More like forty-dollaring in their case....
    I'm confused...the Hot Spot app has been there for some time now. But nevertheless, I'm happy for you.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Yes they do like to charge for everything, but I have to give them prop's for this one.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3Lov3r View Post
    I'm confused...the Hot Spot app has been there for some time now. But nevertheless, I'm happy for you.
    Yeah but it was 40 bucks extra!! to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Should have been free to begin with.

Verizon loves nickel and diming though.
    Tell me about it! It's ridiculous to charge $40 for 5gb. That's what I hate about Verizon...I miss Alltel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moegumby View Post
    Yeah but it was 40 bucks extra!! to use.
    And it's not now? Ok, certainly I missed something around here! Fill me in!

ETA: Just re-read your title...and then looked at the date. Nice try.
    Im confused, is it free now up to 5 gigs, if so im switching to verizon immediately.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Yeah they cut the price of the Pre Plus to 49.95 with FREE Mobile Hotspot, I guess they are trying to ramp up the sales of the Palm phones which is a good thing in the long run. Having a free Mobile hotspot is a big advantage to anyone with a laptop or Ipad or Ipod over the Android phones.
    Tethering has always been an extra option, nothing new here. Anybody here been on ATT? Sprint doesn't even offer tethering (legally). Too much complaining here for nothing.

I'm glad it's free though.....for now
    So, can we get the free hotspot back on our Sprint Pre's. Please.

And, oh yeah, Sprint plans are still cheaper than wack verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moegumby View Post
    Yeah they cut the price of the Pre Plus to 49.95 with FREE Mobile Hotspot, I guess they are trying to ramp up the sales of the Palm phones which is a good thing in the long run. Having a free Mobile hotspot is a big advantage to anyone with a laptop or Ipad or Ipod over the Android phones.
    Ok, I had to go look it up. Thought this was an April Food's day joke. I wonder if this is retroactive for those of us who bought their Pre+ before this...hmm? Doubt it, but it would be nice.

Verizon Wireless
    3G Mobile Hotspot
    Take Your Wi-Fi hotspot with you!

3G Mobile Hotspot allows you to share your compatible Smartphone’s 3G connection with up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices, including notebooks, netbooks, MP3 players, cameras, PDAs, portable gaming systems and more.

Includes 5GB of data access for high-speed wireless Internet access!

Any usage above the 5 GB monthly allowance will be billed at a per-MB rate. This feature is separate from your smartphone data feature. Please contact your account representative or log into your account through Cell Phones, 3G Smartphones, Cell Phone Plans, the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless, select “add a feature” and add the “3G Mobile Hotspot” feature. When your smartphone is connected using 3G Mobile Hotspot, all data sent or received by your smartphone (including data sent or received by any Wi-Fi devices connected to it, or by your smartphone itself) will be billed according to your 3G Mobile Hotspot feature, and not according to your smartphone data feature.

Additional Terms & Conditions apply.
    Ok, I had to go look it up. Thought this was an April Food's day joke. I wonder if this is retroactive for those of us who bought their Pre+ before this...hmm? Doubt it, but it would be nice.
    Sounds like it is: Would free Mobile Hotspot on Verizon sway you to buy a Palm webOS device? | Smartphones and Cell Phones | ZDNet.com
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    SWEET! Thanks for posting that!! I went over to myverizonwireless and added it for 0.00. I tried it out just now and it worked!
    I would never use it, where ever I travel I get free wifi.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkoont View Post
    So, can we get the free hotspot back on our Sprint Pre's. Please.
    Its working on Sprint!!!

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...nt-pre-30.html

If you have the old version of MHS on your Sprint Pre, just check app catalog and refresh to new update. Someone posted in thread I posted above.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I would never use it, where ever I travel I get free wifi.
    I'll likely use it a couple of times a month at best. It's just nice to have the option.
    Thank you Palm for throwing us Sprint MHS users a bone! It's like Christmas for me right now.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Seems that way. It shows up as a $0.00 monthly option that you can add to your account online now. Just activated it and everything seems in working order. Big thumbs up to VZW on this... though it should have been free with the data plan in the first place.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast