Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3Lov3r View Post
    I'm confused...the Hot Spot app has been there for some time now. But nevertheless, I'm happy for you.
    Previously it was $40/moth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Previously it was $40/moth.
    Yes, I knew that, I thought the OP was saying he/she just discovered the app on the device.. I didn't read the title thoroughly enough prior to reading the content of the OP's thread. I 'caught up' a few posts into the thread.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by tavik View Post
    Seems that way. It shows up as a $0.00 monthly option that you can add to your account online now. Just activated it and everything seems in working order. Big thumbs up to VZW on this... though it should have been free with the data plan in the first place.
    Yep, I added a few posts up that I had added it via my vzn page. Very cool of them...I just hope they don't decide to be 'slick' and make some change that will charge me later on. $40 for 5gb was beyond ridiculous to begin with. To be perfectly honest, this is the least they could do.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    Im confused, is it free now up to 5 gigs, if so im switching to verizon immediately.
    Have you packed your bags and come over to Verizon as of yet? Just thought I'd check on ya.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Its working on Sprint!!!

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...nt-pre-30.html

If you have the old version of MHS on your Sprint Pre, just check app catalog and refresh to new update. Someone posted in thread I posted above.
    He's right, it does work if u have the old ipk just reinstall and update in the app catalog. I'm on Sprint by the way.

Here's the ipk if anyone wants it

http://www.filestube.com/a9bbc9ddd113cac803ea/go.html
    Last edited by elcartel; 04/01/2010 at 03:12 AM.
    WOOOOOOHOOOOOO ...Free hotspot..I just added it....but I think I am going to take it off....I dont want no suprises on my bill when they raise the price back up to $40 ....if you have my tether....there is really no need for free hotspot...maybe as a backup??
    Anybody have a sense of just how much browsing 5gb will get you? Just curious as I don't have a frame of reference for this. Looks like vzw will bill you $1.99 per mb after your 5gb and ALL data on your phone gets dinged to your hotspot quota while it's turned on.
    On average, around 50,000 webpages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moegumby View Post
    Yup, the rumor is true! I'm a Verizon customer and just added it to my two Pre's, SWEET! 5gb limit, then pay per mb. But I'll never use the 5gb, so I'm good to go.
    It is SWEET I'm using it right now, thnak you VZW and Palm.
    Just spoke to verizon for another reason (they had accidentally increased my internet to the 45/mo instead of 30/mo) and she said after she did the change on my account it automatically checked off mobile hotspot and you didnt have to really "add" it since now its free. You should be able to just use it now.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Call me crazy but this just seems a tad ironic that this info comes out on april 1st. I really wanna beleive it, I just can't
    I'd say this is pretty big news. Is there any other smartphone that has the Mobile Hotspot feature like this for up to 5 connections? I don't think so. It seems like Verizon and Palm are serious about moving forward, especially with the price drop of the Pre to $49.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyb81 View Post
    Call me crazy but this just seems a tad ironic that this info comes out on april 1st. I really wanna beleive it, I just can't
    Believe I already added it to my plan via the web site and have alreay used my Hot Spot.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12