Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    We still don't know if ATT is going with their own custom ROM (hence ARAK) or keeping it with the rest of the the world (1.4.1). I truly hope the latter is true. Look at what they did with Android (BackFlip). They crippled it. Is it possible to not have a custom ROM and still keep their own address book feature?
    We can see with ATT's address book service (a cloud service introduced on March 15) ability to sync with Synergy, adding the ATT created YPmobile app as a standard app when it it already available in Palm's app catty and enabling the ability to automatically log into ATT wi-fi spots points to some customizations that ATT surely asked for. Who knows what other things are altered. I don't get why we need ATT address book service when Synergy does the same thing. It seem redundant.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    We still don't know if ATT is going with their own custom ROM (hence ARAK) or keeping it with the rest of the the world (1.4.1). I truly hope the latter is true. Look at what they did with Android (BackFlip). They crippled it. Is it possible to not have a custom ROM and still keep their own address book feature?
    I'm sure you can doctor it with O2 doctor to clean up any mess AT&T decides to create.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Technically, there isn't a confirmed date. It can't be earlier than April 26th b/c Verizon's exclusivity period appears to be 3 months and the end of that 3 month period is April 26.

If you figure 3 to 4 weeks of training you're looking at training being completed the last week of April. Then if you factor in the movement of inventory and stocking of the inventory mid-May makes a lot of sense. Now, as far as we know the inventory could already be waiting in one of Palm's warehouses and ATT will sell them on April 26. That is certainly possible.
    You can take this for what its worth . After it all it was just a rep from a corp store.
    She told me she had done the inventory or checked whats supposed to be coming in and said the Pre Plus wasn't on the list (she only checked up to the 5th of APRIL). She also stated that when they recieve test phones to train with the phones are usually out within the week to a week or so..
    The AT&T store is riverdale, utah. Just in case you feel like calling , I forgot the womans name, but she is definitely the oldest of the bunch so just ask for an older woman, or when she will be in.

Of course the exclusivity period of the phone doesnt allow release until the 26th. I wouldnt see a reason to hold it off until mid may. The 26th seems like a perfectly good day to release a phone. (wishful thinking )
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei VI View Post
    You can take this for what its worth . After it all it was just a rep from a corp store.
    She told me she had done the inventory or checked whats supposed to be coming in and said the Pre Plus wasn't on the list (she only checked up to the 5th of APRIL). She also stated that when they recieve test phones to train with the phones are usually out within the week to a week or so..
    The AT&T store is riverdale, utah. Just in case you feel like calling , I forgot the womans name, but she is definitely the oldest of the bunch so just ask for an older woman, or when she will be in.

Of course the exclusivity period of the phone doesnt allow release until the 26th. I wouldnt see a reason to hold it off until mid may. The 26th seems like a perfectly good day to release a phone. (wishful thinking )
    I'm sure asking for an older woman would go well...
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I soooo can't wait for it to launch. I'm tethered to AT&T and I've wanted a Pre since the original released. I may even pick up a Pixi as well to compare.
    Non-tech Tech: Palm Pre Plus Release Date for AT&T

(sorry if this is not the right thread...)

Sunday, April 11, 2010
    Palm Pre Plus Release Date for AT&T
    I was told today that AT&T will release their version of the Palm Pre Plus on April 19, 2010. This should be credible information as it came from an AT&T inventory control person.

My cell contract is up next month so I have been looking for alternatives to my Palm Centro. I need to stay with AT&T since we are on a family plan. The Apple I-Phone 3Gs and the Motorola Backflip (a Google Android phone) are good upgrades, but two new not yet released AT&T phones sound very intriguing. I am referring to the Palm Pre Plus and the Dell Aero (another Android phone). There are lots of Internet reviews of the Verizon's Palm Pre Plus which will be very similar to the AT&T version, but very little info on the Dell Aero.

The AT&T Palm info page lists all the info AT&T has made public so far. The main improvements over the original Palm Pre appear to be an increase in memory from 256 MB to 512 MB and doubling the storage from 8 GB to 16 GB. The AT&T version ups the Verizon version by adding a camcorder.
    Which one will I choose? Like many decisions in life, it frequently comes down to money. The Motorola Backflip currently sells for $99 after an instant rebate and two year contract. The Palm website shows $149 (after a $100 mail-in rebate/2 year contract) as the AT&T price. The I-Phone 3Gs sells as a refurb for $149.

Lots of information to assimilate in the next few weeks.
    Posted by Greg Simpson at 5:04 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12