1.    #1  
    anyone else notice apps launching faster after the update? Mine are much faster.
    Yes. Someone go load up Visualboyadvance. It loads instantly. No wait. On mine, I don't even see the loading icon thing. It just goes straight into the app. Way to go Palm!
    Holy smokes this thing moves fast now! If I had to guess I'd say it's running as fast as when it ran the 720MHz patch before the update.

It also gets better with each reboot and I've done 2 now.
    This is ridiculously awesome. NFSU loads instantly.
    Try launching Engadget.
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    Try launching Engadget.
    Yeah...that one doesn't load at all...oh well, I got Newsroom!
    This always happens right after an update, that said, it does seem the snappiest ever.
    Check back in a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    This always happens right after an update, that said, it does seem the snappiest ever.
    Check back in a week.
    I'm sure there's some setting deep inside the source code that they toggle:

"Unlock post-patch performance: Y"
    "Degrade performance until next patch: Y"
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Definitely a noticeable difference when launching apps.

I usually keep aprx 5 cards open so when I click on the icon it jumps to the front very quickly.

Prior to updating to 1.4.1.1 the "launching" app would have to wait for the current app to shift to the left then it would rise up from the bottom. Almost like watching a 2 step process. (card shifts to the left, new app rises from the bottom.)

Now with the update it gives the impression of almost a "1 step" process (the current app is shifting to the left while simultaneously the new app is rising from the bottom.)

Thanks Palm!
    I hope this is true, because 1.4 made all apps launch granny slow on both our spring pre and verizon pre! Best news today!
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
    Very big +++! Cudos to Palm for fixing this! I can't wait to see what the 800MHz does to this!!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

I thought it was me, I never noticed this much performance between updates. It is pretty noticiable