1.    #1  
    Do not go with sprint. I have gone through 7 pre's, which the first two were within the first 30 days, and the last 5 were within the last 6 months. Currently my pre has a wobbly slider and it annoys the hell out of me, the dumb techs at the sprint repair center in Cathedral City, CA told me that it is considered as physical damage and that I would have to pay 100 dollars again to get a refurbished pre. They also claim to know for sure that I dropped my pre at some point in time, which is complete B.S. because in my opinion anybody that has a pre babies it like me. Sorry for venting but ive even talked to a sprint supervisor by phone and I told them if I didnt get a new phone then I would just cancel my account and go with verizon and the palm pre plus. The supervisor told me all they could do was give me an early upgrade and give me a new palm pre, this is why they are losing customers. Someone tell me how I can get a new pre without jumping through hoops.
    i know its not what you want to hear but unless the slider is barely hanging on it really shouldnt justify swapping it out and the risks of getting an even worse one (i got one with several long scratches on the screen) with that in mind if you say your pre is running very hot and you are afraid it may be overheating they will swap it out just go to a different store
  3.    #3  
    The only bad thing about swapping pre's out is every pre ive gotten from asurion has had hardware problems, especially this one. I live here in Palm Springs and no Sprint store here works on the pre.
    No Sprint store is supposed to work on the Pre...They are supposed to send you a new or refurb from Sprint.

I have been through this 5 times due to speaker failure.

The phone has a 1YR warranty. If it has a manufacturer defect they will replace it Free.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by bvalenzu View Post
    Do not go with sprint. I have gone through 7 pre's, which the first two were within the first 30 days, and the last 5 were within the last 6 months. Currently my pre has a wobbly slider and it annoys the hell out of me, the dumb techs at the sprint repair center in Cathedral City, CA told me that it is considered as physical damage and that I would have to pay 100 dollars again to get a refurbished pre. They also claim to know for sure that I dropped my pre at some point in time, which is complete B.S. because in my opinion anybody that has a pre babies it like me. Sorry for venting but ive even talked to a sprint supervisor by phone and I told them if I didnt get a new phone then I would just cancel my account and go with verizon and the palm pre plus. The supervisor told me all they could do was give me an early upgrade and give me a new palm pre, this is why they are losing customers. Someone tell me how I can get a new pre without jumping through hoops.
    Well, you can duct-tape the keyboard open and you have a Pixi!
    answer: drive to Palm Springs go to the Sprint store there.
    sorry bud but a wobbley slider does not cut it, that's not hardware more like cosmetic. If the phone works then sprint has no reason to change it for another.