1.    #1  
    I've got SMS Tone Per contact installed but it's not doing a thing since 1.4.1.1, also, it won't update or uninstall. How do I force it's removal?
    there is no reason to uninstall it's just a placeholder until the dev updates it for 1.4.1.1 so you dont have to find it later
  3.    #3  
    It's not a placeholder. There have been updates, where have you been?

Can someone tell me how to REMOVE a patch that won't uninstall...no side notes please. I don't need "other" information, just how to get this done.
    without root access and going in and making the changes I think your best option is the Emergency Patch removal
    I have to patches that are stuck also.. the ssid patch and the capture with volume key patch. Neither patch works, it cant be removed, it cant be updated. I have run the EPR, and the repair utility neither has worked.
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

http://www.prethemer.com/profile/mracer29/themes

If you like my work or I do custom work for you, I have a donate button on my themes on prethemer. Donations always accepted but, never required!!!! If nothing else the thanks button is over there
    -------------------------------------------------------------------->
    My SMS patch will not update or remove either. Should I wait or what should I do
    I'm throwing my name into the ring as well, same problem, same patch.
    Here's what I posted in another thread:

Based on the behavior observed, I suspect AUPT scripts aren't allowing the patch package to be removed without un-applying the patch. However, with the OTA update, some patched files were replaced with unpatched stock files. So when the patch package attempts to uninstall, unapplying the patch will fail (as it's a clean stock file).

I believe the AUPT were originally supposed to handle this case, but I may be mistaken. At least from what I can tell, this issue what's affecting many people with many patches.

Best option I would recommend, would be WebOS Repair Utility with "Override Compatibility" enabled. This would removal all patches and themes, scrubbing files clean to match stock webOS files

EPR might also work, but I'm not aware of the specifics of how that script works so I'm only recommending based of what I know would work.

Heh, I had to run Repair Utility yesterday after 1.4.1.1 update, so I know it works.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove <packageid>

This is the command I would personally use if you know what you're doing. Use at your own risk. Be SURE that the patch is actually unapplied from stock palm files before running command.
    Had the same problem, I applied EPR from Preware then reapplied all my patches via QuickInstall.

SMS Tone Per contact applied properly.

Worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove <packageid>

This is the command I would personally use if you know what you're doing. Use at your own risk. Be SURE that the patch is actually unapplied from stock palm files before running command.
    yea, that could work, but it might leave fragments of the old patch still in the webos-internals patch system

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    yea, that could work, but it might leave fragments of the old patch still in the webos-internals patch system
    Yeah, that's why I kind of put a disclaimer there, it was advice I had got from egaudet before.
    Think I should just delete the post with the command(even though it's easily found elsewhere) so people that don't need to be running that command won't?
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Yeah, that's why I kind of put a disclaimer there, it was advice I had got from egaudet before.
    Think I should just delete the post with the command(even though it's easily found elsewhere) so people that don't need to be running that command won't?
    Nah, could still help some people

Please do just as Jason said, I had the problem posted here earlier and I just finished doing the steps he indicated. SMS loaded fine back to normal. Thanks to all
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    Had the same problem, I applied EPR from Preware then reapplied all my patches via QuickInstall.

SMS Tone Per contact applied properly.

Worked for me.
    I did the same as you. ERP, then reinstall all my patches with WebOSQI and all my patches are now installed correctly including SMS tone Per contact.