Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    All this time I've been waiting for an AT&T Pre Plus, but the wait is killing me. Not to mention, I could really use the smart features of the Pre within the coming month (I've got a lot on my plate). I've been living with a dumbphone for 2 years now (a Sony-Ericsson w580i on AT&T) and I'm really jonesing to move up.

Sprint plan pricing is obviously fantastic and I know I want a Pre (so don't bother telling me to wait for an Evo or something)... But my only hesitation stems from the fact that the Pre Plus is something of a better phone. But AT&T really costs more, not to mention Sprint throws in navigation (which is something I'll be using for sure).

Well, you all know the pros and cons, so tell me what you think: Is the Sprint Pre worth it now in the face of the AT&T Pre Plus's impending release? How's the performance of the Sprint Pre? Will I really, really miss the added memory of the Plus? Will I, coming from AT&T, hate the Sprint way of doing things (or will I love it)?

Thanks for any advice.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Short answer? NO! Hell no...

Build Quality (TM)
    30 day satisfaction guarantee...if you don't like it, you've had 30 days of service for the price of $0! Give it a shot!
    the perfect time to go for it now if you want sprint's cheaper price plans and if you need a smartphone in the next month as you wrote in your post;
    I use sprint nav and it works well.

The plus features are not that big of an advantage unless you must carry 16 gigs of files on your phone instead of the pre's 8 gigs; the sprint pre works fast with the latest webos update and you can experiment using some of the speed improvements on the patches if you want it to be faster. With the ease of swapping files from the pc, ok to carry 8 gigs at a time. As far as build quality, there are plenty of us doing fine with the sprint pre that we bought last summer--build has been OK for awhile.

sprint announced today a 30 day trial of all phones (they won't charge any fee for phone or service if you decide to return in 30 days)--so what do you have to lose?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Get.it.now. Worst case scenario, a new Pre comes out in summer, you can upgrade after 1 year. If you need a phone now, get the Pre on Sprint, best thing out there... If you can wait until summer, get the new Palm device.
    The build quality of my launch day Sprint Pre is great, holding up well, almost 10 months now, same for my 2 kid's Pres. Two things to consider, Sprint's coverage where you live and if you store a lot of media on your phone (Sprint Pre has only 8 gigs of storage as opposed to the Pluses 16 gigs). Sprint has a deal now where you can try out a phone for 30 days, if for any reason you are not happy you can return in 30 days at no cost. Hope this helps you out
    great phone I love it. 30 days free, can't go wrong.
    Do not go with sprint. I have gone through 7 pre's, which the first two were within the first 30 days, and the last 5 were within the last 6 months. Currently my pre has a wobbly slider and it annoys the hell out of me, the dumb techs at the sprint repair center in Cathedral City, CA told me that it is considered as physical damage and that I would have to pay 100 dollars again to get a refurbished pre. They also claim to know for sure that I dropped my pre at some point in time, which is complete B.S. because in my opinion anybody that has a pre babies it like me. Sorry for venting but ive even talked to a sprint supervisor by phone and I told them if I didnt get a new phone then I would just cancel my account and go with verizon and the palm pre plus. The supervisor told me all they could do was give me an early upgrade and give me a new palm pre, this is why they are losing customers.
    Pull the trigger. I have the Sprint Pre and yes, it would be nice to have a bit more memory, but this thing works perfectly for me as it is! You will be VERY happy you grabbed one now instead of waiting. As was stated above... what do you have to lose? Especially with Sprint's new 30 day trial policies.

Get it and just enjoy it!

And Yes... by all means be sure to listen to the anti-Sprint post above coming from a first time poster. >coughtrollcough< I'm just kidding! @bvalenzu... I've had my share of nightmare customer service issues with Sprint too. But... I have had horrible customer service from Verizon and AT&T over the past 15 years too. It's everywhere unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by glassadam View Post
    All this time I've been waiting for an AT&T Pre Plus, but the wait is killing me. Not to mention, I could really use the smart features of the Pre within the coming month (I've got a lot on my plate). I've been living with a dumbphone for 2 years now (a Sony-Ericsson w580i on AT&T) and I'm really jonesing to move up.

Sprint plan pricing is obviously fantastic and I know I want a Pre (so don't bother telling me to wait for an Evo or something)... But my only hesitation stems from the fact that the Pre Plus is something of a better phone. But AT&T really costs more, not to mention Sprint throws in navigation (which is something I'll be using for sure).

Well, you all know the pros and cons, so tell me what you think: Is the Sprint Pre worth it now in the face of the AT&T Pre Plus's impending release? How's the performance of the Sprint Pre? Will I really, really miss the added memory of the Plus? Will I, coming from AT&T, hate the Sprint way of doing things (or will I love it)?

Thanks for any advice.
    i go with sprint if was you, it will cost you a lot less money in the long run trust me.
    Sorry Packers fan, your teams chokes and you are full of crap. Aaron Rogers will never win a super bowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by bvalenzu View Post
    The supervisor told me all they could do was give me an early upgrade and give me a new palm pre, this is why they are losing customers.

Just clarifying...sprint isn't losing "sprint subscribers" per se, they actually added 3000 customers last quarter. The problem is their outdated nextel network that is bleeding customers, so overall, yes, they are losing customers, but not those with "sprint service plans!"
    I'd wait until the next big hardware release, but thats just me.
    Ahh yes... this is why we don't listen to first time posters.
    Hey Kumar, screw you and Harold. Sprint has crappy customer service.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    Just clarifying...sprint isn't losing "sprint subscribers" per se, they actually added 3000 customers last quarter. The problem is their outdated nextel network that is bleeding customers, so overall, yes, they are losing customers, but not those with "sprint service plans!"
    +1 Plus their purchase of Boost mobile didn't help them. But the Nextel line is like a hemorrhaging wound to them.
    You replied to me so you listened. Sorry still no super bowl.
    Can anybody tell me how I can get a new phone without jumping through hoops?
    Quote Originally Posted by bvalenzu View Post
    Can anybody tell me how I can get a new phone without jumping through hoops?
    Yeah... we're ALL gonna jump to help you since you are so polite to everyone. LOLOL

n
    if anyone really had an issue with sprint you cld go to palm and the would help you. Don't believe it's that hard.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast