1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried this? I am unable to remove it at the moment but I did remove all my patches using EPR. The update is just tempting me!

***EDIT***
    Did update with 800mhz kernel and everything seems to be fine.
    Last edited by powrman811; 03/31/2010 at 11:05 PM.
    im tempted too, i havent been able toremove n i really want to download the update but dont want to mess up my phone
    I will tell you this. The phone is now a dog without the 800MHz running. The worst that can happen if you do the update without removing the overdrive kernel, is that you smoke the phone. The best is that it works.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    update on 720 patch, works.
    for me too. 720 and no problems.
    thanx for the info, ama install now
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I have a hard time believing that it would damage the phone in any way. I think the worst that would happen is that the update would fail in the middle and you'd have to doctor the phone. Can anyone confirm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    I have a hard time believing that it would damage the phone in any way. I think the worst that would happen is that the update would fail in the middle and you'd have to doctor the phone. Can anyone confirm?
    yes i can confirm
    Can someone check the speed before telling us that everything is ok? To me it should bring speed back to default speed. Can someone verify that they were able to update with 800 mhz patch and end up with same 800 mhz speed after completing the update and resetting the phone.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    I just did the update with the 800 patch n it went back to 500 I'm scare to install it back
    update:

just removed 800patch before Over the air update 1.4.1, after install done, installed 800patch on to 1.4.1 and working 100% perfectly.

here is my confirmation 800patch works fine on 1.4.1.

edit: as always. its best to wait for caj or unix...but I have a few Palm Pres so I am okay to guinea pig mine
    Hi,

Can someone please send me the 800Mhz .sh trough mail or PM as the download is suspended temporarily and i want to reinstall it but I can't find my download anymore...must have deleted it :-(
    Thanks in advance !
    Mike.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    update:

just removed 800patch before Over the air update 1.4.1, after install done, installed 800patch on to 1.4.1 and working 100% perfectly.

here is my confirmation 800patch works fine on 1.4.1.

edit: as always. its best to wait for caj or unix...but I have a few Palm Pres so I am okay to guinea pig mine
    I think I shall be doing this today after doctor