Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ETUTREO300 View Post
    I love Palm and My Pre, but I am a diehard geek and could never recommend the Pre to anyone who trusts me because of all the continued issues. You have to be a techie and a geek to use and love this phone. There... I said it....
    I 100% agree

If any of my relatives were to ask me for phone advice, or good friends, the Palm Pre would not be the first device I would recommend.

Especially if the person forms the question like, "I am thinking of getting an iphone, should I get a palm pre instead? Is it better?"
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrunkie View Post
    I 100% agree

If any of my relatives were to ask me for phone advice, or good friends, the Palm Pre would not be the first device I would recommend.

Especially if the person forms the question like, "I am thinking of getting an iphone, should I get a palm pre instead? Is it better?"
    I 100% DISagree.

I recommend my Pre Plus to everyone in my family, and all my friends/co-workers. 90% of the issues b!tched about on these forums are issues that no one cares about that much (besides us "in the know").

In general, a non-patched Pre "just works".
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    In general, a non-patched Pre "just works".
    I disagree! My phone has no patches and I have problems all the time. It seems 1.4.1 fixed all the problems that 1.4 caused, I'm sure I'll have new ones soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsarraf View Post
    I disagree! My phone has no patches and I have problems all the time. It seems 1.4.1 fixed all the problems that 1.4 caused, I'm sure I'll have new ones soon.
    I think you missed where I said "in general".

There will ALWAYS be issues with phones. Every phone. Every time.

It's the nature of software. Humans are incapable of "perfect" programming.
    I agree with the OP, I can no longer put my name on this phone until the issues are resolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    I agree with the OP, I can no longer put my name on this phone until the issues are resolved.
    I disagree to with the OP - we have 4 pre's in this family - varying levels of user experience from extreme geekiness (me) to my mom who has very little tech experience.

We all love it! For me, its the thrill of modding it and preware and writing apps. For the less savvy, the web, email and SMS features all work great! What's not to like?
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post

Damn, and I was really wanting the Vick Mackey Signature Edition.

Wife, 40s and WAY non-tech and very impatient with tech.
    Daughter a senior in high school....same attributes.

Wife was whacked when the first update ate her contacts. Beyond that she's loved this phone more than any she's ever had.

Daughter says it's cool NOT to have an iPhone because all of her buddies have them. She likes this form better, likes the browser better and said she's never go back to a virtual keyboard.

bj
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    I disagree to with the OP - we have 4 pre's in this family - varying levels of user experience from extreme geekiness (me) to my mom who has very little tech experience.

We all love it! For me, its the thrill of modding it and preware and writing apps. For the less savvy, the web, email and SMS features all work great! What's not to like?
    Where do i start?

Random restarts, missing txts unless the app is open, Missed calls, GPS lock issues, 3 min boot time, "too many cards error" just to name a few
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    its not "very" complicated i taught one of the meatheads at the gym i go to how to use his pre plus with patches and everything in maybe 20 minutes and hes not the brightest
    I hope your young protege hasn't found this forum yet, or you may find that your car has been mysteriously reassembled in the computer lab.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12