Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    That would be very upsetting for a lot of pre owners. :-(
    luckily, palm isn't apple.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    luckily, palm isn't apple.
    Exactly!
    but if it winds up burning up processors in say 3 months or so they may start to have a problem with it and try to fix it (though there is no evidence it will)
    As long as WebOS is open source I don't think they can prevent it, only make it more difficult.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Why would they do this? They are the anti-Apple. lol
    They can and did! they changed the kernel from 1.3.5.1 to 1.4, So every time palm changes the kernel w/ an update it will break the patch and have to be rewritten, just like any other patch.

If palm modifies the section that a patch touches that patch will have to be modified!

Im not saying they change things to screw us up, they are doing it to make the Pre better for the masses.
    Contrary to popular belief we here at PreCentral are not the masses.

We here are less than 5% of the Palm users so there is no reason for Palm to mess w/ us.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

i would think we are more like 10% but im probably just being optimistic
    If Palm has sold....lets say 2m units world wide then 5% would mean we have 100000 members.

Anybody know how many members we have here?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Well they did break RebelSIM through 1.4 though... but not sure if it was Qualcomm.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    As long as WebOS is open source I don't think they can prevent it, only make it more difficult.
    WebOS is not open source. WebOS is a proprietary copyrighted work from Palm. Some of it happens to be written in readable Javascript, but it is not open source.

The Linux operating system (including the kernel and a lot of the userspace linux applications) on which webOS runs is open source.

Preware and the other homebrew applications from WebOS Internals are also all open source. And all the patches you install using Preware are open source too.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    That's what I meant, of course.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    If Palm has sold....lets say 2m units world wide then 5% would mean we have 100000 members.

Members: 349,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyman View Post
    Members: 349,635
    You have to subtract the iTrolls and Droidtards...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    You have to subtract the iTrolls and Droidtards...
    And the members that have other phones. PreCentral isn't really its own forum; it's a subset of TreoCentral.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post

Well.. we can start counting.
    Here, I'll start... 1
    ok so lets call it 200k thats right around 10% if the 2m number is true but i hope its an underestimate
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    And the members that have other phones. PreCentral isn't really its own forum; it's a subset of TreoCentral.
    And not every user uses homebrew/patches.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast