1.    #1  
    I searched quick and didn't see anything, so, here goes...

Some crazy person keeps calling me, from like 15 different phone numbers, and I just want to turn my phone off. Is there any way to shut the phone off but still have data and text messaging?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Unfortunately not. The best you can do is put in Airplane mode and turn on WiFi for browsing. (no calls and texts in/outgoing)
    I think investing in YouMail/YouView might be a good solution for censoring calls etc.
    Everybody wants some!..
  3.    #3  
    isn't there a Sprint *Feature to send all calls to voicemail?
    not that im aware of but anyone is welcome to step in with info if im wrong
  5.    #5  
    thanks for the tip on the AP Mode/WiFi... didn't realize you could turn WiFi on when in AP Mode.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    thanks for the tip on the AP Mode/WiFi... didn't realize you could turn WiFi on when in AP Mode.
    No prob..
    I use mine that way every night. Have Battery Saver come on at 1am (airplane mode) so my drunk friends cant call/text me. Switch Wi-Fi on for a little late night browsing or Pandora.
    You can still send/receive emails this way too which is sometimes handy.
    Everybody wants some!..
    Threaten with stalking charge > patch or app
    Quote Originally Posted by ego2001 View Post
    Threaten with stalking charge > patch or app
    I wish we could patch people
    do txts come thru evdo or 1xrtt, if evdo you can put the device in evdo only mode and you wouldnt get calls that way!
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
  10.    #10  
    Good thinking... though, I believe text still won't come through because they use the voice signal channels over 1xRtt
    Last edited by DrHeathenScum; 04/01/2010 at 01:30 AM.
    you could always just turn your ringer off with a patch that seems like it would be easier and not interfere with any of the other functions of the pre
    change your number
  13.    #13  
    Not an option.