1.    #1  
    I decided to turn of my updates. I like my pre right now and what to be able to keep my 720Mhz patch and my tether. I will wait for these to catch up before I will turn on the updates again. Who's with me?
    yeah ima keep my 800 patch, Unix is in the process of testing out the 1.4.1.1 update with the overclocking patch's and should let us know soon if they will work or not
    Same here. After having my 720Mhz patch for awhile, no way would I go back to anything slower. I love my speed and everything seems to be running good on my phone right now. So why ruin a good thing?
  4.    #4  
    Exactly!
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crash712us View Post
    I decided to turn of my updates. I like my pre right now and what to be able to keep my 720Mhz patch and my tether. I will wait for these to catch up before I will turn on the updates again. Who's with me?
    How do you 'turn off updates'?

Seeing as how AUPT is not quite working and I don't want to lose my 720 boost this little update can wait on devs before install.. .
    Everybody wants some!..
    Second that.. how do I turn off updates? I tried to d/l Terminal but it doesnt work in 1.4...help?!?! I dont want to lose my 800 mhz patch..
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I think fixing the bugs in 1.4 are worth more than the 800 did for me. And I loveeeee the 800 They'll come out with it relatively soon for 1.4.1.1, I'm not too worried
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyo811 View Post
    Second that.. how do I turn off updates? I tried to d/l Terminal but it doesnt work in 1.4...help?!?! I dont want to lose my 800 mhz patch..
    I dont know if this still works but give it a try
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...omp-force.html
  9.    #9  
    type this linux command line in Quick Install

cd /usr/bin
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod -x /usr/bin/UpdateDaemon
    killall UpdateDaemon

Hit enter twice between each line to get me back to a root prompt.

If you disabled your update you might want to re-enable it at some point.

cd /usr/bin
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod +x UpdateDaemon
    mount -o remount,ro /

be sure restart your phone
    Glad to have the bluetooth car integration fixed, do miss the 800 patch but also sure I will get it back soon.