Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I too re-installed the 800mhz patch and wow! it's blazingly fast now. much more than on 1.4!
    word!! im keeping it off until they redo the kernal for 1.4.1. Even though its working better than it was on 1.4 for several people, ill wait for the update because it might work even better!
    soooo i was forced to update. i made sure to first remove the 800MHz patch (reluctantly, i think this is the best tweak to the pre as of yet) and i installed 1.4.1. Nothing noticeable in the update, except my phone being super slow at its original speed. so i went back and reinstalled the 800MHz patch and it freaking worked perfectly.

Honest Truth - my phone has never been this fast. with the combo of the 1.4.1 and the 800MHz patch its like a whole new ballgame. wow.
    I have not reinstalled 800MHz and will not till the Dev says so. I have followed instructions with every update, sometimes removing things a couple of days before the updates come out. Each time I do this I appreciate the Patches and Mods more. Yes I read others have been installing the old 1.4 800MHz kernal, but I understand there have been changes to the Kernal in 1.4.1.1 therefore 800 could change the Kernal back to 1.4. Since 1.1 I have many patches installed and have had almost no problems after each update. I am convinced some Themes are the culprit to some problems, either lack of uninstall prior to update or crumbs left over after an uninstall.

I don't mind people not following the instructions, taking risks by not removing things (themes) before updates, installing things prior to Dev OK or update. Hope everything works out when you do.

What I don't want to see is those same people coming back as whinners complaining their phones are now bricked because they didn't?????.

The removal and reinstall process is a pain, but all worth it. Thanks to Devs again. Looking forward to 800MHz again.

Just my rant on Saturday.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    I have not reinstalled 800MHz and will not till the Dev says so. I have followed instructions with every update, sometimes removing things a couple of days before the updates come out. Each time I do this I appreciate the Patches and Mods more. Yes I read others have been installing the old 1.4 800MHz kernal, but I understand there have been changes to the Kernal in 1.4.1.1 therefore 800 could change the Kernal back to 1.4. Since 1.1 I have many patches installed and have had almost no problems after each update. I am convinced some Themes are the culprit to some problems, either lack of uninstall prior to update or crumbs left over after an uninstall.

I don't mind people not following the instructions, taking risks by not removing things (themes) before updates, installing things prior to Dev OK or update. Hope everything works out when you do.

What I don't want to see is those same people coming back as whinners complaining their phones are now bricked because they didn't?????.

The removal and reinstall process is a pain, but all worth it. Thanks to Devs again. Looking forward to 800MHz again.

Just my rant on Saturday.
    All understandable. Myself though...if I've lost something in the new Kernal by installing the 800 patch, I don't notice what it is. And with the way my phone is now running with the 800mhz on it (faster than ever), I'm happy to have lost whatever it is I might have lost as I am super happy with the phone right now.

If it does frakk my phone(which I can't see happening as temps never get over 46), I'm ok with that as well as I should return my current one because of an almost un-useable power button.

It would be a pain to go through as I have installed my latest invisible shield to perfection (helps that it the 5th time I've needed to install due to replacements of Pre)

when the new 800mhz does come out though, I will change to that
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I am not overclocked and I just timed google maps,,,6 seconds.
    I am not overclocked....16 sec
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    How is the 800mhz patch running in 1.4.1 now, after some time to test it out?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234