Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    I updated with the patch installed and my clock speed reverted to 500mhz. I used it for a little bit at 500 and I would say that there was a noticeable speed increase, compared to 1.4 on 500. But still, scrolling through the launcher was very choppy and apps didn't come up nearly as fast as they did with the 800 patch. I reinstalled the 800 patch and the phone is back to its speedy self!
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    installed mine with the 800 patch and after the update i checked my speed and i guess somehow it was reverted back to the original speed, but i reinstalled the patch and works great again no problems so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    I updated with the patch installed and my clock speed reverted to 500mhz. I used it for a little bit at 500 and I would say that there was a noticeable speed increase, compared to 1.4 on 500. But still, scrolling through the launcher was very choppy and apps didn't come up nearly as fast as they did with the 800 patch. I reinstalled the 800 patch and the phone is back to its speedy self!
    I am going to roll with you on this.
    The update reverted my phone back to 500mhz from 800mhz. I just reinstalled the patch by the regular instructions and it's back up to 800mhz with no problem.

Super speedy now. Google maps opens in 4-5 seconds as opposed to >10 seconds that it used to take.
    I am not overclocked and I just timed google maps,,,6 seconds.
    I ran the update with ALL patches still installed including 800mhz.

The update completed erased the 800mhz patch, even the uploaded file, since i just tried to run the install command hoping the file was still there, no no avail.

Re-did upload and install, and 800 back up without issue.

However my patches still show installed without the ability to update them, and they are all disabled...
    I also re-installed the 800 patch with no problem
    I have the 800Mhz kernel instlled on 1.4.1. No issues to speak of. Update fixed alot of my glitches from 1.4. Now with this added speed it's perfect. I can't say for sure, but it seems like the kernel didn't change or didn't change much.

i'll let you know if any problems arise
    I uninstalled the 800MHz patch, updated to 1.4.1, re-installed 800 MHz patch and have no problems to speak of. I did a quick check on all my apps didn't see any errors that stood out. Also checked my other patches and they are still in place and working fine. If I find something wrong I'll re-post, but at the moment all seems to be good.
    I have had it running 1.4.1.1 for quite a few hours now and I think my speed has slowed a bit. I think its still faster than 1.4, but I'm gonna attempt to reinstall the 800 mhz and see how that goes.
    Nice
    my gf's installed with the patch on, since i installed for her and when the update came out im back home lol, so i'll let you know if her phone still works lol, it rang fine before so it means its still on lol
    i am rebooting as we speak. I am a sprint US Pre user. I uninistalled with no issue yesterday.. installed 1.4.1.1.1.1.1 damn ones.. anyway installed the new update, now im installing the 800mhz patch again. ill let you know when you can call me brickmaster. lol.
    I just finished installing the 800 mhz kernel. Its running perfectly and no problem to speak of at the moment. I was having problems installing at first, but I think it was due to the patches I had install before I updated to 1.4.1.1. The patches weren't showing up in preware that they had been installed (even though they were). So I reinstalled them again and then removed them and then kernel started to install no problem. I love having the speed and the bug fixes from the new update hah.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    How do you guys reinstall the patch? I think that I lost my 800Mhz.sh file and now the link is down since they are changing it to IPK. Can anyone email me the file please at dima.go@verizon.net or should I just wait for the IPK release? Thanks, guys.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Just got an email with the file. Thanks so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by viperx100 View Post
    How do you guys reinstall the patch? I think that I lost my 800Mhz.sh file and now the link is down since they are changing it to IPK. Can anyone email me the file please at dima.go@verizon.net or should I just wait for the IPK release? Thanks, guys.
    just sent it to you
    i have the 800mhz kernal running on 1.4.1.1 no problem. i am having poor cell reception today. it may be the building i am in. does the 800mhz patch change cell reception?
    Looks like its been reverted to stock speed.

root@palm-webos-device: cat /proc/cpuinfo
    Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)
    BogoMIPS : 498.07

BUt like others have noticed, it seems to be a bit faster than 1.4. So ill keep it this way for a while and see!
    I wish there was a 1Ghz patch to try... I'm swapping out my phone today (USB crack) and don't care if I fry this thing!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast