Funky lock screen glitches
    Overall slower and more laggy
    PDF and Doc View donít multi-touch anymore
    Rebel SIM is broken
    Some websites I visit are broken
    Volume notifications have gone wild
    Wi-Fi works, EVDO doesnít
    etc......
    I don't know what it has fixed yet but I know this, the phone is much faster now for me......
  3.    #3  
    the only problem i had with 1.4 was the Frequent resets and/or memory errors hope they fixed this but i have heard of the other problems and wondered about everybody experience
    Big images still don't work on Sprint/Pre
    +1 for big image problem.

this is absurd, how can I use it as a decent internet devices with this awkward problem? Whats got into palm's brain? why change it when it was working fine in 1.3.5?
  6.    #6  
    so far so good no crashes yet
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    so far so good no crashes yet
    I had a crash in the first Hour. As far as being faster, If you had any patches at all, the phone will be faster without them.
    I think I did saw these four listed as fixed in Palm's release notes:
    Camera is overwriting photos
    Forward swipe is gone
    PDF and Doc View don’t multi-touch anymore
    Volume notifications have gone wild
    The others, we'll just wait and see. I'm still downloading my update.

I hope they fixed these:
    Frequent resets and/or memory errors
    Funky lock screen glitches
    Overall slower and more laggy
    although somehow the above three stopped happening this week, without me doing any changes except for pulling out and reinstalling the battery.
    why would they fix breaking the rebel sim? they probably did that at carriers request
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I did a doctor on mine when 1.4 came out and I have not experienced any of the glitches mentioned. I've also found that restarting the pre once in a while seems to speed things up. Just a thought.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    i crashed mine.. lol
    I am pleased to report that after 1.4.1.1 my email accounts have magically returned!!! Universal search now also searches contacts again!!!... yet sloooowllllyyyy.

Hope the intermittent screen blackoutages have stopped.... we will see....
    ETUTREO300
    Battery drains faster - Battery improvements are built into every update, whether they are minor or major
    Browser won’t display big images - Not sure I'm aware of this issue, so can't comment on, let us know if there is an issue we can try to identify a fix
    Camera is overwriting photos - We have implemented a fix. Let us know if it is working for you.
    Daylight Savings Time mismatches - If I remember hearing correctly most users are not really having this issue any more
    Email prompts me to add a new account - We have seen a few reports of this issue, but can't reproduce. If you are still having the problem let us know
    Forward swipe is gone - Fixed
    Frequent resets and/or memory errors - We hope no one is getting frequent resets and we often try to improve memory management. let us know your results
    Funky lock screen glitches - Fixed
    Overall slower and more laggy - User results may vary. :/
    PDF and Doc View don’t multi-touch anymore - Fixed
    Rebel SIM is broken - Unfamiliar with the issue (althought GSM is far from my expertise)
    Some websites I visit are broken - Fixed, hopefully, let us know any sites that still don't work
    Volume notifications have gone wild - Fixed
    Wi-Fi works, EVDO doesn’t - Fixed
    etc......
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    +1 for big image problem.

this is absurd, how can I use it as a decent internet devices with this awkward problem? Whats got into palm's brain? why change it when it was working fine in 1.3.5?
    Yes, I must admit, that's a bummer...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Yes, I must admit, that's a bummer...
    Can you give an example of a site where the large picture problem is visible?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockyjay View Post
    I had a crash in the first Hour. As far as being faster, If you had any patches at all, the phone will be faster without them.
    It's actually more than that... with patches back on, I have way less UI lag when flicking cards or launcher pages. My calendar is also snappier, with very little lag when flicking across weeks or months.
    Have you guys tried the "Raised Image Resolution Limit" patch for that image problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    I don't know what it has fixed yet but I know this, the phone is much faster now for me......
    same here,,my phone is running fast and smooth. I never ran a cpu patch and was happy the way it was. Now it's really fast. Very happy
    *whoops doubt post*
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    same here,,my phone is running fast and smooth. I never ran a cpu patch and was happy the way it was. Now it's really fast. Very happy
    I have to agree on the speed increase... I was running the 800Mhz patch - removed it in preparation of this update, without the patch re-installed my Pre is running exceptionally fast...

Funny, this is the first update that Palm didn't specifically say speed increase... But it seems as though it is the only one that has accomplished it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast