Hi All,

Back story:
    I have a palm pre that i lost, had replaced and then found a few weeks later. The new pre is active, the old one is not and wants me to set it up if i boot it.

I would like to sell my old pre but i have personal pictures and files stored on it that i cannot get off the device.

The Question:
    Is there anyway i can format the device? I cannot get paste the "setup"/login screen so i can't do the built in format.
    I am comfortable using any development tools if necessary... ANy ideas?!

thanks!!
    Run WebOSDoctor ..this will remove pics, files, your account settings, etc.

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    hook it up via USB and just delete the files.
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Run WebOSDoctor ..this will remove pics, files, your account settings, etc.

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Thanks for the link. Unfortunately because the phone wants me to create a profile (and i cannot go past that point), i THINK the phone is in a locked state where it does not communicate with the computer.

The result is that i cannot use this OR do what wunderbar suggested as i think the computer does not recognize that the pre is attached?

I tried from a few different computers and OSes. All same result
    make a fake palm profile to activate then run a doctor
    Hold the volume button, connect USB to boot to USB mode, then Doctor?

Would that work?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    it probably wont allow you into usb via any means until its been activated
    You cant make a new profile w/o a an active evdo. You should be able to run the Dr though.

Did you report it as a lost phone and use the insurance to get a replacement or did you just bite the bullet and buy a new Pre?

If the former then you wont be able to sell it anyway as it cant be activated anyway as it is no longer your phone to sell.

I mean if you lose your car and collect insurance then find it, It would be illegal for you to sell something you dont own.

If you used the insurance and still want to use the phone for data over wifi you can always MetaDr!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

All you have to do is start the phone up in "Bootie" mode.

Take out the battery, plug in a USB cable, start holding the UP volume button, then insert the battery (continue holding). Let go of the up button once the USB icon appears on screen. WebOS Doctor will now work normally.
    Quote Originally Posted by tdps2 View Post
    All you have to do is start the phone up in "Bootie" mode.

Take out the battery, plug in a USB cable, start holding the UP volume button, then insert the battery (continue holding). Let go of the up button once the USB icon appears on screen. WebOS Doctor will now work normally.

That device will never have a clean ESN IF he went through Asurion!

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    it probably wont allow you into usb via any means until its been activated
    By USB I meant bootloader mode. I'm sure it works since I was doctoring my Pre with 1.4 yesterday while the Bell network was down and activation took an hour.

OP just wanted to wipe the device.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    By USB I meant bootloader mode. I'm sure it works since I was doctoring my Pre with 1.4 yesterday while the Bell network was down and activation took an hour.

OP just wanted to wipe the device.
    Op wanted to wipe the device to sell it!

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    MetaDoctor = great.
    sucks to be you
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    That device will never have a clean ESN IF he went through Asurion!
    Who cares if it doesn't have a clean ESN..

Bad ESN phones get sold on eBay all the time (hell, I've even purchased one for development). As long as he cites that it has a bad ESN, there's no problem.
    MetaDoctor is used to wipe?