1.    #1  
    Hey everyone,
    Im running into some trouble here, just got the 1.4.1 OTA update. I did uninstall the 800mhz overclocking patch before searching for the update and I also fully reseted my pre before starting the update.

It did download fine, checked and installed and then restarted as expected. But after that it took quite some time on the updating screen and seemed to do multiple restarts until suddenly only the "www.palm.com/ROM" message appeared.

So, I downloaded the newest webosdoctor 1.4.1 from Palm and ran that. That also seemd to do its job at first but suddenly I got the message it cant recover my phone. I retried it by reconnecting the phone to the pc and ran webosdocotor again, this time I got the message instantly.

Now what can I do, as it seems I cant even shut off the phone at the moment. Never had to doctor my pre before, it ran just fine so I was a bit buffled to see this update "brick" my Pre so badly. And now that the doctor doesnt seem to help me, Im really getting a bit nervous.

So I hope you guys have some more ideas? Any help here is greatly appreciated!
    im no expert but maybe try running the 1.4 web os doc and them update ota?
  3.    #3  
    Unfortunately its got the same effect with the webos 1.4.0 doctor, only checking very shortly and then "sorry, cant recover"...
  4.    #4  
    Allright, this is as strange as it gets... Apparently my Pre froze after the doctor was already successfully finished. As I could not shut down the phone I just tried to do a reset by using orange+sym+R key combo and the phone really did a reset?! Anyways, it restarted normaly showing the Palm logo and now Im back in my Palm profile and its transfering my data at the moment as it seems. I dont knw what went wrong and where, but as it seems, the reset did the trick... I keep my fingers crossed that I dont run into any other strange troubles now.
    keeping our fingers crossed for you
    let us know how it goes
  6.    #6  
    Allrighty, seems it worked out, Im back in and my pre is synchronizing, no loss on the usb partition. Device info shows webos 1.4.1 so the first doctoring did work, despite the strange freeze at the end.
    A friend of mine had the same problem, we tried to update it to 1.3.5 back in the days, and suffered the same symptoms. He had to take it to the carrier to be replaced
  8.    #8  
    That sucks. Honestly, for a moment there, I tought Id have to do the same...
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I'm getting Download Failed after downloading, unpacking, and validating the 1.4.1.1 update. It tells me that it failed the validation and I have tried over and over with no luck. It tells me that if I wait a little while and try again, that should fix the issue and that the phone will try again on its own in about a day. I haven't been able to get past this though and can't update! Anyone have any ideas?
    I had the failed validation problem a few times, it worked third time. A mate of mine took about 6 attempts with 1.4.0 before it worked.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    I'm getting Download Failed after downloading, unpacking, and validating the 1.4.1.1 update. It tells me that it failed the validation and I have tried over and over with no luck. It tells me that if I wait a little while and try again, that should fix the issue and that the phone will try again on its own in about a day. I haven't been able to get past this though and can't update! Anyone have any ideas?
    For those getting this, the way I fixed it was that I ran Jason's WebOS Repair Utility in the mode to overwrite patches. It cleared my patches, but all of my programs and settings remained on the phone otherwise. I was then able to install the 1.4.1.1 update!
  12.    #12  
    Im reanimating this thread of mine for a new problem that appeared this night. Today when I woke up, I had a new update message on my Pre informing me that the webOS update 1.4.1 is available for installation!?

Up to now everything seemed to work just fine, as mentioned earlier in this thread, the doctoring to 1.4.1 seemd to have finally worked, device information tells me Im running 1.4.1 and all the bugfixes that came with it are there and working, so everything seemed ok. Now Im wondering why I now get the message to update to 1.4.1.

Problem is, Im not really interested in installing this update again after my last problems for which I initially started this thread. But I cannot get rid of the message in the dashboard and eventually my Pre will install this update anyways as far as I know.

So does anyone else have this strange behaviour or any inside what might have caused it?

Specs are as follows: GSM Palm Pre, running doctored webOS 1.4.1 on German carrier O2, several patches and homebrew apps installed, including the 800 Mhz overclocking patch.