1.    #1  
    Sorry if this has already been asked, i did a search but nothing turned up.

Does anyone know if mytether still works with 1.4.1?
    Same as you, waiting to hear some feedback before taking the plunge on my Pre and my girlfriend's Pre. So far one guy in the MyTether donor forum reports that 1.4.1.1 broke MyTether again...
    Had MyTether installed on 1.4, updated to 1.4.1.1, and MyTether was broken.

Plugged in, ran the MyTether desktop installer, and it fixed it, so now it works perfectly. Posting this tethered on 1.4.1.1 right now.

YMMV, but that's my story.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    mytether may be done with mobile hotspot free on most networks and easy to get on sprint. I used it for a while and it was a good program, but hard to argue against a good palm program that works well.
    Works 100%.
    Confirmed by other posts on the mytether forum.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    works just fine on my sprint pre. Didn't have to reinstall either.
    I have tried everything on 1.4 to get mytether to work after MHS broke on update. Will NOT work for me after hours of loading/reloading/research. It sees everything but doesn't connect, so waiting for any good news or changes before updating and screwing something else, or will gladly do if it works, especially MHS???
    might be a sprint issue.

my brother cannot connect tonoight to My Tether even on a 1.4 Palm Pre (nothing has changed on his end)

I told him to wait until tommorrow to see if something is up with Sprint

(here in So Cal)
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Working fine for me without re-installing...this post courtesy of my MyTether connection....

Download: 2.03 Mps Upload: 0.45 Mps Not blazing but it works.

Sprint Pre
    800 Mhz Patch
    26 random patches
    Last edited by BikeBoy; 04/01/2010 at 07:45 AM. Reason: added speed results from Speakeasy
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    I have tried everything on 1.4 to get mytether to work after MHS broke on update. Will NOT work for me after hours of loading/reloading/research. It sees everything but doesn't connect, so waiting for any good news or changes before updating and screwing something else, or will gladly do if it works, especially MHS???
    What OS are you running windows 7/vista if so then:

If your using Windows vista/7 follow these steps:
    1. Open "Network and Sharing Center"

2. On the left click "manage network connections"

3. Right Click on the hot spot connection (whatever it is named)

4. Select "diagnose"

5. After it works a second, select "Reset Network adapter, wireless network connection"

After it does this, wait 20-50 seconds, try to pull a website, usually comes right on. May have to do it twice, but it always works for me. Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    Also you need the latest version of mytether 2.1.0!