Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I am running DrPodder and am on the Facebook app and noticed my phone keypad was hot so I opened up Battery Monitor and it is 48 degrees (118 degrees F)! What is a standard temperature for a Pre running a couple of apps?

Thanks!
    If you start exceeding 100 F for long periods of time, you will have issues. I have never had my Pre hit 118. That cannot be good.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    It's not the processor generating the heat it's the phone radio. Constantly streaming data over phone network causes the phone radio to heat up, this is true of every mobile device.
    I've hit 51 C a few times while tethering...
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    My podcasts are downloaded, not streaming. I am only using Facebook and now PreCentral. Battery is down to 42 degrees now but still very warm to touch.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Thanks for the replies. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't too hot.
    That is too hot o.O

If you get near 50C, you should shut your phone down...
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I wonder if opening the phone would cool it significantly?
    Mine gets hot while recharging and browsing the web at the same which I do alot since I use my phone more often than the family computer. But I can feel when it's getting hot and let it cool off. Been up to 46C (battery monitor app) before and often just over 40C but been trying to take it easy lately. No problems though. Heat is often an issue with such small devices, they should all be made of Aluminum or similar material to utilize the case as a heatsink. Plastic is cheap, but an overall poor material choice on a number of levels.