Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Okay, this is officially it! I have been patiently waiting for Flash on the Pre since mid last year and yet, nothing. Flash is essential, it plays videos and is an excellent (and easy) way to make games. Even after 1.4, we’re still waiting. This is unacceptable and I’m throwing down the gauntlet! Palm, listen to me, after just reading that the iPhone is now poised to be on Verizon and maybe even on Sprint (gasp) or even on another carrier, I will bite the bullet and renege on my contract just to prove a point! GIVE US A DATE, GIVE US SOME HOPE, GIVE US FLASH! Is it too much to ask for? Are they waiting for the new iPhone to come out and then drop Flash on us? Because if they are, they’re betting on a lost cause. GIVE US FLASH!

Benefits of a Verizon iPhone for AT&T Customers - PCWorld Business Center
    Perhaps you should direct your ire at Adobe, as they control the release of Flash, not Palm.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Soon (TM)

Welcome to club disappointment.
    I think adobe has flash not sprint so maybe you should direct your rant towards them.. I could be wrong
    Time to vent eh? I feel you bro. Here's my rant for the day.

Palm is losing mindshare by the day, and none of the new phones have even come out yet. I'm not saying they're not working hard because they probably are, but all other fans have something to look forward to and we don't. Day by day, I'm focusing more time on the Evo and other devices and less on the Pre.

I.E. Evo, iPhone, BB's, Window 7
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I find this confusing. I would think your anger would be directed at Adobe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Perhaps you should direct your ire at Adobe, as they control the release of Flash, not Palm.
    This is true. Palm added the support for Flash to function in the 1.4 update, so Palm has done their part. Adobe just needs to release the actual App. I'm sure Palm is just as anxious as you are for Adobe to release it.
    You're complaining about NO flash, yet you bring up the Iphone which also doesn't have flash. At least bring up a phone with flash in your attempt into scaring Palm. lol
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    You are aware,right, that PALM has come through with their promise to have the underpinnings for flash in place by feburary?,this came with 1.4 they did follow through. Now we are awaiting for Adobe to release Flash for WebOS, and they said it till be here first half of 2010. So this is not a PALM issue, maybe the title shoudl be changed to "My final ultimatum to Adobe", or "My final ultimatum to Adobe and Palm".

remember its Adobe who is hold up flash, but they havent passed their deadline yet either, if you waited this long, whats a couple of more months?
    Quote Originally Posted by nychump View Post
    Time to vent eh? I feel you bro. Here's my rant for the day.

Palm is losing mindshare by the day, and none of the new phones have even come out yet. I'm not saying they're not working hard because they probably are, but all other fans have something to look forward to and we don't. Day by day, I'm focusing more time on the Evo and other devices and less on the Pre.

I.E. Evo, iPhone, BB's, Window 7
    Why would you be angry at Palm and not Adobe????
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Agreed. Why the heck would you be giving an 'ultimatum' to Palm over some other company's software? I'm sure your thread title alone made them quiver with worry... but they have nothing to do with another company's product. Kinda like griping at Ford because Goodyear doesn't make the tire you want anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by afortiori View Post
    Okay, this is officially it! I have been patiently waiting for Flash on the Pre since mid last year and yet, nothing. Flash is essential, it plays videos and is an excellent (and easy) way to make games. Even after 1.4, were still waiting. This is unacceptable and Im throwing down the gauntlet! Palm, listen to me,...
    You really think that Palm has that much influence over Adobe? Why are you not giving Adobe the "final ultimatum" instead of Palm? It's Adobe's product!

Maybe if you tell both of them that you're going to hold your breath 'till you turn blue...
    And this is what happens when everyone responds at once :P

lol @ "hold your breath 'till you turn blue"
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    Why would you be angry at Palm and not Adobe????
    Oh I'm not mad about flash I'm just upset in general at the fact that there's no news or rumours or leaks regarding what palm is planning to do. Whereas other phone fans do have something to look forward to.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    All I hear is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwm3 View Post
    You're complaining about NO flash, yet you bring up the Iphone which also doesn't have flash. At least bring up a phone with flash in your attempt into scaring Palm. lol
    Sure... Threaten Palm with jumping to the Spring HTC EVO 4g. That'll throw the fear of Android into them

And Flash is an Adobe product. You really need to contact them about your concerns regarding Flash availability for the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by nychump View Post
    Oh I'm not mad about flash I'm just upset in general at the fact that there's no news or rumours or leaks regarding what palm is planning to do. Whereas other phone fans do have something to look forward to.
    Well, golly, you're upset because there aren't enough leaks and rumors?!? Do you give your girlfriend a hard time because she never thinks she might be pregnant?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    At least one other person already got this, but a big LOL at screaming about having to have Flash, or else you'll jump to another phone...that also doesn't have Flash.

Nice work.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    I'm all on board with this rant. I would have posted it if I wasn't busy sending angry emails to Palm already because they haven't updated iTunes to sync with my Pre again. (yes, I do jest)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast