Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Well, golly, you're upset because there aren't enough leaks and rumors?!? Do you give your girlfriend a hard time because she never thinks she might be pregnant?
    What's your point?
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Well, golly, you're upset because there aren't enough leaks and rumors?!? Do you give your girlfriend a hard time because she never thinks she might be pregnant?
    Quote Originally Posted by nychump View Post
    What's your point?
    I was wondering the same thing myself. I'm sure it made sense to wynand32 just before they hit the Submit Reply button.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by nychump View Post
    What's your point?
    Damn, I was trying to be clever... I meant, why complain about the lack of leaks (that most often are untrue) and rumors (that most often are unfounded)? Isn't your life interesting enough without them?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  4. kevank#AC's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Damn, I was trying to be clever... I meant, why complain about the lack of leaks (that most often are untrue) and rumors (that most often are unfounded)? Isn't your life interesting enough without them?
    Don't worry... I got your point.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    I was wondering the same thing myself. I'm sure it made sense to wynand32 just before they hit the Submit Reply button.
    Ha. I took a while to think about it too but just gave up.

    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Damn, I was trying to be clever... I meant, why complain about the lack of leaks (that most often are untrue) and rumors (that most often are unfounded)? Isn't your life interesting enough without them?
    Oh I see what you mean now. But I'm not only speaking for me personally. I'm bringing up the fact that since all of these rumors/leaks/plans have been coming out the last few weeks, palm is losing mind share by the day.

    Just look at how many new articles there are claiming 'palm is dead and should start looking for a buyer' articles there are. First they claimed palm is dead because of lack of sell-through and now they're declaring palm dead because of what the competition is planning and how it will crush palm. I'm just saying that palm needs to get their name out there sometime soon if they want to keep some interest in their phones and potential phones. I for one wouldn't like to see palm fade away.
  6. ice8lue's Avatar
    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    #26  
    Wooohooo, i think Palm's really scared now. One User who already bought their product is willing to change to another phone just because he doesn't get flash. I think this will make them cry...

    Sorry but i think you're absolutely overreacting.
    Sure, you are waiting on Flash, we all do. But what's the point for making such a drama?
    Will you die, coz you don't immediately have Flash? Don't think so.

    Also when we have it, it won't make thaaaaaaat difference. You can play flash content just inside the browser. Funny little flash games, video portals,... and that's it. I think there are many many points inside webos which need a LOT mor attention than Flash.

    If you want to play, there are so many good games for the pre out there.
    For Videos, you have youtube. And for other videos, just use a PC and copy them to your pre - done.

    And now, dry your tears and wait like everyone else
  7. #27  
    Why are you not yelling at Adobe? It's their product, not Palms??? It's not arriving in a WebOS update, it's arriving via the app catalog. Palm is waiting just like we are. The Flash underpinnings are in place inside WebOS.

    Palm has done their part. Adobe, ball is in your court.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  8. NYBKPRE's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #28  
    Some people just don't read or keep up with current events. Flash comes from Adobe not Palm
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by ice8lue View Post
    Wooohooo, i think Palm's really scared now. One User who already bought their product is willing to change to another phone just because he doesn't get flash. I think this will make them cry...

    ...
    And ironically, the phone they were threatening to jump to will never have flash (if Steve Jobs has his way).
  10. ice8lue's Avatar
    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    And ironically, the phone they were threatening to jump to will never have flash (if Steve Jobs has his way).
    ;D yay, didn't think about that^^
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by NYBKPRE View Post
    Some people just don't read or keep up with current events. Flash comes from Adobe not Palm

    yeah you don't neither that's already been stated
  12. DSPKweb's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    #32  
    Think we need to get that masked guy to start making the 'Adobe, Relase the Flash' videos just like he did for the Pre.

    To the OP, time to take a chill pill and relax, when it gets released, I just talked to Jon and he assured me that you will be first in line.
  13. NYBKPRE's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #33  
    That wasn't for him. That was for YOU. I wanted to make sure YOU saw it
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by afortiori View Post
    Okay, this is officially it! I have been patiently waiting for Flash on the Pre since mid last year and yet, nothing. Flash is essential, it plays videos and is an excellent (and easy) way to make games. Even after 1.4, we’re still waiting. This is unacceptable and I’m throwing down the gauntlet! Palm, listen to me, after just reading that the iPhone is now poised to be on Verizon and maybe even on Sprint (gasp) or even on another carrier, I will bite the bullet and renege on my contract just to prove a point! GIVE US A DATE, GIVE US SOME HOPE, GIVE US FLASH! Is it too much to ask for? Are they waiting for the new iPhone to come out and then drop Flash on us? Because if they are, they’re betting on a lost cause. GIVE US FLASH!

    Benefits of a Verizon iPhone for AT&T Customers - PCWorld Business Center
    Do you realize that Apple won't let Flash run on the iPhone? As much as we all want Flash, the iPhone is the wrong direction. The fact is that unless Flash for webOS works with the Flash DRM used by Hulu and other premium content, it really won't be all that useful.

    While you are reading this, be sure to hit the Precentral home page and vote for Pre+ against the HTC WinMo6 phone in today's contest at laptopmag.com
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by nychump View Post
    Oh I see what you mean now. But I'm not only speaking for me personally. I'm bringing up the fact that since all of these rumors/leaks/plans have been coming out the last few weeks, palm is losing mind share by the day.

    Just look at how many new articles there are claiming 'palm is dead and should start looking for a buyer' articles there are. First they claimed palm is dead because of lack of sell-through and now they're declaring palm dead because of what the competition is planning and how it will crush palm. I'm just saying that palm needs to get their name out there sometime soon if they want to keep some interest in their phones and potential phones. I for one wouldn't like to see palm fade away.
    Actually, I think I do agree with you to a certain extent, despite my lame attempt at humor. And, have thought some of the same things lately--Palm might consider dropping some hints at whats coming, or doing the Apple leak dance, or somesuch, just to get something in the news other than the doom and gloom.

    The problem with that, though, is two-fold:

    1. There would be much wailing and gnashing of teeth when reality doesn't live up to the leaks/rumors. Palm isn't Teflon coated like Apple, so if the next device doesn't do everything it's rumored to do, they'll suffer.

    2. I'm not sure that Palm leaks/rumors would even float very close to the top, considering that now Apple is controlling the news waves with talk about their next cancer-curing, hunger-ending, fountain-of-youth iPhone.

    So, yeah, I hear you, but it's really a double-edged sword.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Actually, I think I do agree with you to a certain extent, despite my lame attempt at humor. And, have thought some of the same things lately--Palm might consider dropping some hints at whats coming, or doing the Apple leak dance, or somesuch, just to get something in the news other than the doom and gloom.

    The problem with that, though, is two-fold:

    1. There would be much wailing and gnashing of teeth when reality doesn't live up to the leaks/rumors. Palm isn't Teflon coated like Apple, so if the next device doesn't do everything it's rumored to do, they'll suffer.

    2. I'm not sure that Palm leaks/rumors would even float very close to the top, considering that now Apple is controlling the news waves with talk about their next cancer-curing, hunger-ending, fountain-of-youth iPhone.

    So, yeah, I hear you, but it's really a double-edged sword.
    Yeah, you definitely have good points there. But at this point I don't think it can really get much worse for palm at this point in time. Hopefully after the apple rumors settle down some, palm will have a chance to rally their fans and potential buyers with some glimmers of hope and change. It might cause some of the potential customers to hold off on buying into those other phones before palm gets their chance to woo their valuable dollars.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions