View Poll Results: Overclock or 1.4.1?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would rather have 1.4.1, so I'll uninstall overclock and install upgrade

41 39.42%
  • I'd rather have overclock, so I'll wait until there's a 1.4.1 compatible patch

53 50.96%
  • I don't have overclock installed

10 9.62%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    According to this post, 1.4.1 will not work w/the overclock patch.

Now, of course, this hasn't come from the patch authors, so maybe it's not true. I don't know. But assuming it's true, what's more important to you? Getting 1.4.1 or keeping overclock patch until a compatible overclock patch is available?

UPDATE: There is some speculation that the overclock patch will work just fine under 1.4.1. I hope that's correct. But for the purpose of this poll, please vote as if you can have only one of them, either 1.4.1 or overclock, but not both. In that case, which do you choose?
    Last edited by mu7efcer; 03/31/2010 at 03:11 PM.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    just removed the 720 patch....my phone seems so slooow now!
    Oh, I'll Be waiting. I've lucked out and not been smitten by the 1.4 gremlins that Most people have. SO I'll stick with 1.4 till the 1.4.1 patch is out -.^
    don't take my word for it, nor will I be held responsible..but with such a mini update, my educacted guess is: yes it will reinstall and work fine.

I am an Alpha tester, and I even went as far as installing 1.3.5.1 800 kernal on the first day on 1.4 release.

it clocked at 800, but it stopped EVDO/1 From connecting, a simple uninstall fixed it.

case in point: it doesn't F up the phone, a simple uininstall fixed it.

these are my thoughts thoug, and as always if this is your ONLY lifeline, DO NOT install it until you get an OK from caj.
    its working with my 1.4.1 install beautifully
    I'm going to install 1.4.1 and reinstall the 800 MHZ patch again. Can afford to have a phone that takes forever to load
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    don't take my word for it, nor will I be held responsible..but with such a mini update, my educacted guess is: yes it will reinstall and work fine.
    Hope you're right. But for the purposes of this poll, please vote as if it's not compatible. What's more important to you? 1.4.1 or overclock?
    Twitter: dullgeek
    @subliminal: my guess is: you are on GSM?

the 1.3.5.1 800mhz kernal worked ok for GSM as well on 1.4...(GSM does not have EVDO radio)
    I'm waiting for the patch and mytether to work with 1.4.1
    i've heard of people saying that their phones are updating automatically, idk how true that is but i won't take that risk, plus it took a whooping 2 minutes to uninstall.. if that

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    OK, seriously? Cause I'm on a 1.4.1 slowboat.
    Did you do the update without uninstalling the patch?
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    If you want to prevent webOS updates, there is now a function to turn on/off in xorg tools. See link in signature.
    xorg tools - power tools for power users
    I can live with overclocking for now, while 1.4.0 has plenty of bugs, the performance with the patch is well worth living with the bugs for now.
    Was simple to remove. Even simpler to wait, update, and wait for the green light..

This isn't like Apple where another jailbreak may take weeks if you update.
    I've already removed the patch, will reinstall right after I get the update. It's really not the features of the update that I want, but I do want a full updated Pre, with the hacks and patches added as "extras" only when they can be done to a fully updated system.
    In other words, updated Pre is higher on the list than hacks. So far, the important ones have made it eventually.
    Can't vote cause I'm mobile, but I will keep my overclock until it is compatible with1.4.1.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    If you want to prevent webOS updates, there is now a function to turn on/off in xorg tools. See link in signature.
    Can you post the link to the thread? I haven't posted enough times to see links in sigs?

Thanks.

NM - found it - I would post the link, but I can't since my post count is too low. I figure this is an anti-abuse thing / get people to post rule - but kinda annoying.

google - xorg tools palm pre.
    Last edited by trebores; 03/31/2010 at 04:38 PM.
    Can't tell without release notes.

At the moment, it looks like 1.4.1 will just be bug fixes. I don't have any showstopper bugs right now, so waiting wouldn't be a big deal.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    Can't tell without release notes.

At the moment, it looks like 1.4.1 will just be bug fixes. I don't have any showstopper bugs right now, so waiting wouldn't be a big deal.
    Same here. For me, it's a simple choice between:

(a) going back to 500MHZ for 3 days; or
    (b) delaying whatever 1.4.1 has to offer for 3 days.

I'll go with number 2 until I actually see a change log. 1.4.0 broke the BT connectivity with my BWM, so if it fixes that, I'll probably update.
    It's sad we even have to have a poll like this. I would rathr have the phone run smooth, fast and bug free.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast