1.    #1  
    Anyone know if the new NFL/Collage app is going to come out as a app or in the new update?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    There is no new NFL app as the NFL has ended it's contract with Sprint. However, there should be an ESPN app coming out at some point as Sprint has just signed a contract with them. Although i really liked the NFL app, especially for live game day radio coverage, I'm really excited to see what the ESPN contract will mean to Sprint customers.
    it will be a new app called sprint football not nfl
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jstew10 View Post
    There is no new NFL app as the NFL has ended it's contract with Sprint. However, there should be an ESPN app coming out at some point as Sprint has just signed a contract with them. Although i really liked the NFL app, especially for live game day radio coverage, I'm really excited to see what the ESPN contract will mean to Sprint customers.
    Well if you open up the NFL Mobile app it says.

Beginning March 31st, Sprints NFL Mobile Live app will be replaced by Sprint Footbal Live, which Includes complete pro and college football coverage for the 2010 season.
    I am planning on using RadioTime for my local team, the Sea-chickens. they broadcast on a local AM channel, that is streamed in RadioTime.

http://www.mynorthwest.com/streams/streampop_espn.php
    Last edited by Butters3605; 03/31/2010 at 03:35 PM.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    I am planning on using RadioTime for my local team, the Sea-chickens. they broadcast on a local AM channel, that is streamed in RadioTime.

hahaha fail
    It's my understanding that the ESPN thing is only for ESPN Mobile TV as part of the main package in Sprint TV, and not that there will be a separate application, though maybe I'm mistaken.

Anyway I'd bet that the NFL app will be re-branded in 1.4.1 tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    the NFL app will be re-branded in 1.4.1 tonight.
    this is correct. It will be there, but there is no tab on the bottom that says NFL Net anymore... and we don't get nfl network

but i do hope espn comes out with an app sometime before May... as of now, i have multiple espn bookmarks and an app would come in handy
    Quote Originally Posted by itsALLsubliminal View Post
    this is correct. It will be there, but there is no tab on the bottom that says NFL Net anymore... and we don't get nfl network

but i do hope espn comes out with an app sometime before May... as of now, i have multiple espn bookmarks and an app would come in handy
    The app icon is NFL, which requires the consent of the NFL to use. I don;t know the terms of their contract they may or may not be allowed to continue even using that.

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    the new icon will be a black helmet with the yellow sprint logo...
    I'll be shocked if you can find your team (or any other team) being broadcast on RadioTime or any other application. These apps are pulling the broadcasts via streaming from the websites. Unfortunately the NFL doesn't allow any games to be streamed over the Internet (except for paid subscriptions via the NFL's website). Stations can broadcast over the air, but not over the Internet. This is the issue I've run into in the past for all games - the NFL is pretty harsh about stations doing that.

I'm hoping (but doubtful) that the new Sprint app has something for pulling broadcasts like the old app did. But since it isn't a licensed app, I don't think streaming audio will be part of it. I really hope this isn't the case though!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I'll be shocked if you can find your team (or any other team) being broadcast on RadioTime or any other application. These apps are pulling the broadcasts via streaming from the websites. Unfortunately the NFL doesn't allow any games to be streamed over the Internet (except for paid subscriptions via the NFL's website). Stations can broadcast over the air, but not over the Internet. This is the issue I've run into in the past for all games - the NFL is pretty harsh about stations doing that.

I'm hoping (but doubtful) that the new Sprint app has something for pulling broadcasts like the old app did. But since it isn't a licensed app, I don't think streaming audio will be part of it. I really hope this isn't the case though!
    I am not sure, they have broadcast-ed via AM Radio for years, But i get what your are saying about digital media.

Looking into there website, I see they are ESPN radio instead of KIRO, good things, maybe?

I am not sure, they have broadcast-ed via AM Radio for years, But i get what your are saying about digital media.

Looking into there website, I see they are ESPN radio instead of KIRO, good things, maybe?
    Not really a good thing... all broadcasts are strictly controlled by the NFL and they are GREEEEEEEDY. (IMHO) All broadcasters sign the same contracts with the NFL governing how games can be broadcast (over-the-air only). The only way outside of the old NFL app (which was awesome) to hear live broadcasts of the games was to purchase an NFL Pass to listen to games on-line... and there aren't any applications out which allow you to log-in on a mobile device with your pass if you purchased one.
    well....when (if) we ever get flash there are MANY options to watch streaming NFL games. andromedanet anyone?
    you will not find any games on raidio time. Games are not streamed over net.last yr I thought same thing. My local redsox station is weei. When a game is on you must go to station on the radio. I tried to listen on web and they play different programing during the game.
    I just went to nfl app and the new sprint football logo came up w a notice that said you must update yr phones firmware in order to use this
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    you will not find any games on raidio time. Games are not streamed over net.last yr I thought same thing. My local redsox station is weei. When a game is on you must go to station on the radio. I tried to listen on web and they play different programing during the game.
    LAME, the NFL is greedy, I worked at Qwest Field, home of the Seahawks for 2 years. The NFL "officials" come to the stadium 48 hours before the game and take-over the entire operations of the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I just went to nfl app and the new sprint football logo came up w a notice that said you must update yr phones firmware in order to use this
    Yup.. I believe that is part of what will be included with the 1.4.1 update.