Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Hello all. I have had my Pre since August of last year without too many major issues. But one thing started yesterday which I cannot explain at all.

My battery has been decent and holding a charge very, very well until yesterday. My battery drains idle at a rate of 7%-8% per hour!

Wifi shut off, 2 email accounts: set at manual and every 15 minutes. I have no idea what the issue is or why the sudden onset of the problem. Any ideas?

Thanks to all in advance who respond!!!!
    Try another batttery to determine if it's the phone or the battery.
    Hi!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Are you using the new Facebook beta app seems to have made battery life worse for me
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I also experience this sudden onset of battery drain starting two days ago. This morning I deleted the Facebook beta app and it appears to have return to normal today. Give it a try.

adrand
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Ok, great....I'll give the FB Beta deletion a try! Thanks!!
    Have you tried rebooting your phone?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Yes, I have rebooted using the power button. I removed FB Beta and it seemed to work a little.....down to 2.5% an hour......still not good!
    after I updated to 1.4, my battery drain spiked to 10-11% per hour with no change in how I was using my phone. I thought the patches I had were doing something, they weren't.

I turned off push notifications for my email accounts and battery monitor is already reporting at 4-6% now. (Email is set to check every 15m now.)