1.    #1  
    I cannot find mobile hotspot for verizon so I can look this stuff up on my computer. I've looked in the app catalog and it's just not there. Also I can't find settings for my email to chage the polling. Grrrr!
    It's not in the app catalog, it's on the 'first page' of applications built into the phone. When you launch the launcher, scroll down. It's plainly labeled "Mobile Hotspot."

Don't let yourself get so easily frustrated.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    For the email. Once you have set ip an account, go to the top menu in "email" and click on "Preferences and accounts". Then the account name. Now scan down that page and you will see "get mail" that is the area for you to set.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Thanks Finally Pre, I forgot to address the email concern. Looks like you're all set now linkboom, best wishes.
  5.    #5  
    I don't have the mobile hotspot app and it is not listed in my default applications.
    Quote Originally Posted by linkboom View Post
    I don't have the mobile hotspot app and it is not listed in my default applications.
    You sure your using a verizon pre? dumb question I know but I've seen this question asked before from a Sprint customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    You sure your using a verizon pre? dumb question I know but I've seen this question asked before from a Sprint customer.
    +1.
    If you are not, please tell us. I will not bite and I hope others will not also. Our main hope is that you get the issues resolved and are a happy Palm owner.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Did you do the Update for your phone, when I bought my Pre+ from online the first thing I had to do was Update the phone to install the Web OS 1.4 because the older webOS didn't have the Mobile Hotspot app.
    I am Pain, I am Real, I'm not a dream! (Ayreon)
  9.    #9  
    lol...yes I'm using a verizon phone and am currently updating to 4.1. Hopefully this is the prob. Thanks for all your answers/help! I found the email settings. I'll let you know what happens once the update is done.
    holy crap 4.1 came out, when the hell did this happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by mdstal View Post
    holy crap 4.1 came out, when the hell did this happen?
    Yeah you didn't know its the end all be all of WebOS lol.
  12.    #12  
    ok, got 4.1 installed and found mobile hotspot...thank you very much!!! Now I saw somewhere you could change if your phone searched for 3G, 2G ect, where do you do this at?...is there any way to set it just to look for evdo?
    Quote Originally Posted by linkboom View Post
    ok, got 4.1 installed and found mobile hotspot...thank you very much!!! Now I saw somewhere you could change if your phone searched for 3G, 2G ect, where do you do this at?...is there any way to set it just to look for evdo?
    erm....do u mean 1.4?
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  14.    #14  
    yes 1.4
    frustation seems to be a common feeling on Palm Pre/Pixi users
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgesicas View Post
    Not over here. Everything is working swimmingly for me. Threads get started when people are having problems, not to say "day 187 and everything is still good".
    It builds character. **nods**
    I was frustrated just once because of the Hotspot not working dynamically with the PS3 but after I put the PS3 into custom fixed IP mode it worked great, Everything else works like a charm on the Pre+

Dungeon Hunter 3D is AWESOME!!!
    Blanket statements are rarely accurate. I'm anything but frustrated with my Pre+. I do concede that there are many who are, but the same is with many things in life. It is also important to keep in mind that these forums are not representative of the 'true' webOS (be it Pre/Pixie; + or otherwise) population. The people who have no complaints/concerns rarely seek our forums, unless they are interested in mod'ing their devices regardless of their relative perfection.