webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > Official Vote for the Pre vs. HD2
Official Vote for the Pre vs. HD2
View Poll Results: should Precentral put a link on the Main Page
yes 223 87.11%
no 9 3.52%
who cares 24 9.38%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03/31/2010, 04:16 PM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
has anyone noticed that the numbers go up and down, i'm on 1 computer now i vote number is 3700+ next vote same computer 3600- weird
You can only vote from one IP address, so everyone behind the same firewall will look like the same vote because of NAT.
Cantaffordit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/31/2010, 04:18 PM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
Thanks for stopping by, Professor Positive.

Just remember, my vote cancelled out your vote. The same will be true in November.

Now go find some WinMo 6x love
Nope I've been on these forums for a long time and picked up a Pre on day one from sprint but compared to the competition it NO longer deservs it. I still own a Pre but thats because sprint has nothing better at the moment but if you think the pre is better then the nexus one, you're out of your mind. Of course pre is going to beat it in a voting competition cause Pre users tend to vote for Pre phones and at the moment the Nexus One is only available through TMobile subsides. I wan to see these votes after the nexus one has been out for a couple of months through sprint and verizon like the Pre.
dkotoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: dannydos
Old 03/31/2010, 04:18 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petvas View Post
The whole contest is a big joke actually...The iPhone is out, the Nexus One lost to the Pre and now probably the HD2 will also lose...I wonder, Palm fans, will you feel better if you see the Pre winning? Why don't you vote more objectively?
Because this is getting positive exposure and street cred for a fantastic platform. Why are you here if you don't agree?

Surely you can find a forum full of people that love a dying OS like WInMo 6. You can probably find a forum for die hard Win98 fans, too.
Thanked By: lazslo11
Old 03/31/2010, 04:20 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
Nope I've been on these forums for a long time and picked up a Pre on day one from sprint but compared to the compatition it NO longer deservs it. I still own a Pre but thats because sprint has nothing better at the moment but if you think the pre is better then the nexus one, you're out of your mind. Of course pre is going to beat it in a voting competition cause Pre users tend to vote for Pre phones and at the moment the Nexus One is only available through TMobile subsides. I wan to see these votes after the nexus one has been out for a couple of months through sprint and verizon like the Pre.
Right now the contest is with a WinMo phone, not Android. The opportunity to compare it to the Nexus was last week. I agree that the Nexus has potential, but I think that WebOS is just amazing to have come from an underdog like Palm.
Thanked By: lazslo11
Old 03/31/2010, 04:21 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Because this is getting positive exposure and street cred for a fantastic platform. Why are you here if you don't agree?

Surely you can find a forum full of people that love a dying OS like WInMo 6. You can probably find a forum for die hard Win98 fans, too.
WebOS is a nice OS but the hardware sucks. Palm doesn't seem able to make WebOS what it really could be...The HD2 is much better.
petvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/31/2010, 04:23 PM   #106 (permalink)

Voted for the Pre. Looks like we're doing fairly well so far. 38% for the HD2 and 62% for the Pre Plus.
mikemsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/31/2010, 04:27 PM   #107 (permalink)

Got my vote in...! maybetwice
way2muchkc4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/31/2010, 04:28 PM   #108 (permalink)

I really enjoy visiting precentral but would really like to see them make a blog post because i checked to see if they put it on the front page and didn't see it then read that it was in the sidebar. I just dont know how many people look at the sidebar I know i dont. Oh well i get the feeling that if the vote was "Vote here if you think the Palm Pre was the biggest abortion ever and should die a firey painful death" it would get good coverage. I'm just sick of only bad news always.

just my 2 cents

/end rant
Iroc371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/31/2010, 04:31 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Right now the contest is with a WinMo phone, not Android. The opportunity to compare it to the Nexus was last week. I agree that the Nexus has potential, but I think that WebOS is just amazing to have come from an underdog like Palm.
ya but the pre is only winning because precentral interaction compared to any other site is good. Android/blackery/winmo don't have forums like we do.
dkotoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/31/2010, 04:31 PM   #110 (permalink)

Got my vote in. We can go all the way! Go Pre!
diodo314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/31/2010, 04:36 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
My retirement portfolio thanks you.
Those still exist?
Old 03/31/2010, 04:41 PM   #112 (permalink)

I dont even understand how windows mobile made it this far... I dont care how they skin the os or what ****** hardware they put it in.. its a big piece of fail.
abbodabbodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/31/2010, 05:41 PM   #113 (permalink)

WOW! 3 hours ago we were ahead at around 80/20, now 60/40 Don't give up Palm'ites cast your vote even if you think it is not needed. We have to make this and one more hard fight. The more we win by, the better it will look for WebOS.
HTC HD2 (TMO) 40% (3,106 votes)
Palm Pre Plus (VZW) 60% (4,646 votes)
Total Votes: 7,752

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
We want them!!!
Finally Pre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/31/2010, 05:47 PM   #114 (permalink)

Crackberry folks are getting ready for voting the tour to win.
http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ma...-votes-445477/

We want them!!!
Old 03/31/2010, 05:55 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
Crackberry folks are getting ready for voting the tour to win.
http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ma...-votes-445477/
someone register and post a reply saying it doesnt work

Creator of webOS Simplicity Theme
phil.hsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/31/2010, 05:57 PM   #116 (permalink)

here all of you guys are lol, i was posting in the wrong threads, let the show down begin.
Menace187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/31/2010, 05:58 PM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil.hsr View Post
OMG it did work

We want them!!!
Old 03/31/2010, 05:59 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
OMG it did work
Hmmm....i see tomorrow shall be a non starter for my work then!!!!!lol

Old 03/31/2010, 06:08 PM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil.hsr View Post
We do have members here that belong to Crackberry. Then there is the part of how they have spies here too. a catch 22.

We want them!!!
Old 03/31/2010, 06:08 PM   #120 (permalink)

lol, just stole my mates iphone to vote before he got a chance!!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0