1.    #1  
    I'm not sure what's wrong, but I can't install apps now. I get some kind of notification saying "install failed...system adjustments must be made before installation can continue".
    If I had known that I would have to be a computer programmer, I would have NEVER gotten this phone. Even the simplest tasks are either patches or tweaks, where they are standard features on most other phones. I'm sure all you smart guys out there love this phone and all its customization abilities, but I am an average guy with a phone that requires way too much time and effort to do simple things... like installing apps. Now that I got that off my chest, anyone know what I can do?
    try restarting the phone, maybe that will fix it. if not then perhaps a partial erase?
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by derektracy View Post
    I'm not sure what's wrong, but I can't install apps now. I get some kind of notification saying "install failed...system adjustments must be made before installation can continue".
    If I had known that I would have to be a computer programmer, I would have NEVER gotten this phone. Even the simplest tasks are either patches or tweaks, where they are standard features on most other phones. I'm sure all you smart guys out there love this phone and all its customization abilities, but I am an average guy with a phone that requires way too much time and effort to do simple things... like installing apps. Now that I got that off my chest, anyone know what I can do?
    Partial Erase fixed this problem when (i forget which) an update came out and I didn't nab the latest preware first. Be sure to update your palm profile before you do. It will automatically download your official apps afterward.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
  4.    #4  
    Ok. here's an update: I removed my theme, then I did an emergency patch recovery. Now patches install as they should. Whatever... as long as it works. Thanks for the advice fellas.