1. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    After installing the 800Mhz I ran the webOs repair utility. Did that delete or uninstall the patch? Do I need to reinstall the patch? Is there a way to check to see if my phone is at 800Mhz?

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    11) Check the speed (ie-for the 800 MHz patch cpuinfo command you should observe the following (OS at 800 MHz):

root@palm-webos-device: cat /proc/cpuinfo
    Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)
    BogoMIPS : 796.91
    Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp
    etc.
    etc.
    etc.1
    root@palm-webos-device
    Jason answered this in the 800MHz Kernel thread. He stated that the WebOS Repair utility curently does NOT perform any Kernel checks. So it will not reverse the 800MHz "patch".

You can always run the cat /proc/cpuinfo command from Terminus or the command line option in WebOSQuickInstall, if it reads "BogoMIPS : 796.91" then the kernel is still working as it should.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  4. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Great! Thanks for the info!!
    I had trouble when I ran the repair utility; Pre slowed down tremendously even though it showed that it was running at 800. I reinstalled the 800 patch and it has worked fine since.
    Laissez Faire
    how do i uninstall the 800mhz from my phone. there suppose to be an update coming.
    Since the rumor of 1.4.1 is floating around, how do i remove the 800MHz patch, and is it necessary to remove it? and why?
    13) Uninstall procedure:
    Use WOSQI Tools - In Linux Command Line, write
    sh /var/home/root/720MHzOS14.sh uninstall (720 MHz kernel)

Or alternatively write

sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh uninstall (800 MHz kernel)

Probably won't need to be uninstalled, but better safe than sorry I always say.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Yes, you need to remove the 800MHz patch for any updates, as clearly stated in the instructions. It modifies the kernel, which is what the entire OS runs on top of.

To uninstall it, you need to go to the terminal, navigate to /var/home/root/ and type <scriptname> uninstall, again as clearly stated in the instructions.

Not to insult anyone here or anything, but I'm amazed at how many people will do a potentially dangerous, warranty-voiding mod to their phones without fully reading the instructions.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

Not to insult anyone here or anything, but I'm amazed at how many people will do a potentially dangerous, warranty-voiding mod to their phones without fully reading the instructions.
    +1

atleast some people are tyring to uninstall now, wait for the ones that paid no attention and installed the update before uninstall the patch lol

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G