Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Got of the phone to a palm support person, and asked when paid apps were coming and he said, that they will come with the 1.4.1 update which should come today or tomorrow
    I have noticed that there have been a plethora of app updates in the past two days. I wonder if they are being updated in preparation for v1.4.1?
    I'm not holding my breath.
    1.4.1 to come out on 1/4/10? Coincidence?

Yeah, probably.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    O2 My handy Twitter just twittered that they Update is coming this evening!
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Oh, so the whole European app catalog thing was a April Fools joke! Haha, Palm. Haha!

(i hope)
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Oh, so the whole European app catalog thing was a April Fools joke! Haha, Palm. Haha!

(i hope)
    your a terrible person
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsams View Post
    O2 My handy Twitter just twittered that they Update is coming this evening!
    definitely, 25 minutes ago:

"RT @o2myhandy: heute Abend gibt es ein mini Palm Pre Betriebssystem Update um Bezahl-Apps zu ermöglichen"

in english: "today evening there will be a mini palm pre operating system update to get paid apps running"

OMG!!!! I WILL HAVE TO UNINSTALL MY 800MHz-Patch for that!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    definitely, 25 minutes ago:

"RT @o2myhandy: heute Abend gibt es ein mini Palm Pre Betriebssystem Update um Bezahl-Apps zu ermöglichen"

in english: "today evening there will be a mini palm pre operating system update to get paid apps running"

OMG!!!! I WILL HAVE TO UNINSTALL MY 800MHz-Patch for that!!!
    Which you are advised to do anyway, while waiting for the ipkg version of the patches..
    I wonder what surprises 1.4.1 will bring for Rebel SIMs...
    Quote Originally Posted by joebel View Post
    Which you are advised to do anyway, while waiting for the ipkg version of the patches..
    Nice....I am away from home until the day after tomorrow...so no PC with QI. Mahh, this also means no update, and that means no paid apps for me until saturday.
  12.    #12  
    o.o My name is on the front page :O
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    o.o My name is on the front page :O
    mine too xD

But they forgot to add a warning for CPU-patch-users...going to tip again for that...maybe some forget about having the 800MHz patch.
  14.    #14  
    mine too xD

But they forgot to add a warning for CPU-patch-users...going to tip again for that...maybe some forget about having the 800MHz patch.
    its there dont worry
    In other words, overclockers, it might be time to uninstall that kernel patch.
    Nice....I am away from home until the day after tomorrow...so no PC with QI. Mahh, this also means no update, and that means no paid apps for me until saturday.
    Get Terminus from preware, then run it and do the following:

1)type ls press return and look for the name that is something like 800MHzOS14.sh
    2) type in that name, a space, and then uninstall and press return...ex
    800MHzOS14.sh uninstall
    3) a bunch of text will go by and it may pause at some point... if it does for a little while, press return and keep pressing return for each line until you see a message saying the phone is going down for a reboot.
    4) You should now be unpatched.
    I wouldn't be surprised. I caught 1.4.1 testing on Verizon and AT&T units at DSLReports quite a few times.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Am I right in saying that all patches must be removed before update is installed?!?!

I know for sure the 800MHz needs removing, I can't remember whether they all needed removing!?!?

Advice please!!
    Most patches now do not need to be uninstalled. There was a new system developed that allows the phone to know what was installed on it before the OTA update and restore those patches afterwards. Patches (as far as I know pretty much any on preware) are OTA update safe.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.guinnes View Post
    Am I right in saying that all patches must be removed before update is installed?!?!

I know for sure the 800MHz needs removing, I can't remember whether they all needed removing!?!?

Advice please!!
    Given that no one at webos internals seems to have said anything to the contrary, if you have the latest version of patches installed you should be fine. AUPT worked for me on the last upgrade.
  20.    #20  
    I heard it through the grapevine..that its out...not that I know...i just sent my pre in again for repiar
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast