Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    So I got it actively scaling by entering the commands from the script into novaterm, but how do I get this script to actually launch on boot?
  2.    #42  
    that's the purpose of the thread. I'm still researching and testing. Mine scales fine, but the powersave bias line doesn't stick, and I go down to 125.
  3.    #43  
    well gamah, i had to doctor my phone because of some corrupt patches, plus I like clean things. I doctored to 1.21, 1.35, 1.40, and 1.41. Using winscp I went to event.d folder, right clicked and chose NEW file, and inserted the same script commands that are in OP. I did not add the .sh to the file name, and simply called it ScalingScript.

I've been checking it every day, and it seems to be sticking and working correctly with the 800ipk kernel file. Specially the powersave_bias statement which wasnt sticking before.
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    that's the purpose of the thread. I'm still researching and testing. Mine scales fine, but the powersave bias line doesn't stick, and I go down to 125.
    OK, I installed your script when you first posted this thread. I haven't had any problems that I can tell. I set it for 250-720. I had the 720 ipk installed. I had the cpuscaler uber app installed. I uninstalled the 720 ipk yesterday and installed the super PreKernel app. I then set the app to run my pre at 720. My pre started acting weird, sluggish, more than before the overclocking patches came along. It would get stuck in scrolling, then start again.

I uninstalled the CPU scaler app, and then WebOSQI would not find my device any more. It was not charging on the USB cord, either. I restarted the phone several times and finally it came back to where WOSQI could see it. I reinstalled the CPU scaler app, and set the Super PreKernal to 720, and it all seems to be working ok now.

I saw your thread, and what it seems to be saying is that the script I installed will run 125-720 by default, and that you are working on a solution. Is that accurate? If so, do I need to uninstall the script? If so, what is the best way to uninstall the .sh file?
  5.    #45  
    1. to uninstall the sh file, look in the threads of the original kernels for the actual commands. I dont remember them off hand.

2. The solution I was working on was getting the powersave_bias line to stick. According to num1pete, if it is set to 0, the phone will go down to 125 regardless of what you set the min_freq to be. I had it at 250, but my phone would freeze and lag sometimes. I assumed it was b/c I was at 125, and we all know by now that 125 brings some phones down. So. My main struggle was with getting that one line to stick. I didnt really achieve a solution, but it was rather trial and error by a stubborn Scorpio non-programmer or scripter.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123