View Poll Results: If I don't get access to paid apps...

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • - I wouldn't be surprised

21 35.00%
  • - Too bad, but I'm happy using Preware/Homebrew etc

8 13.33%
  • - I'm dropping Palm in favor of a phone WITH apps

11 18.33%
  • - I'm hacking my way into the official App Catalog

5 8.33%
  • - I'll get my the apps I want some other way

15 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    <<deleted>>
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 08/11/2011 at 04:37 AM.
    Then .. I'll be sad
    I would be sad, not surprised (unfortunately) but I'm also quite happy with the apps in teh Homebrew community especially coupled with the ones I actually managed to download via Blacklight's wonderful ipk-tool before palm closed that option.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Not surprised and will resort to other means of getting and installing apps.

Three months and counting with not a single app in the catalog. *yay*
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I voted "I wouldn't be surprised".
    More than anything else, I am sad how Palm seems to make sure the "ROW" webOS enthusiasts outside the "official club" are constantly discouraged to promote the platform and raise interest in it. If Palm ever wanted to widen their market and market share, I mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemstil View Post
    I voted "I wouldn't be surprised".
    More than anything else, I am sad how Palm seems to make sure the "ROW" webOS enthusiasts outside the "official club" are constantly discouraged to promote the platform and raise interest in it. If Palm ever wanted to widen their market and market share, I mean.
    Yeah, I think the geo-discrimination killed any chance of Palm selling to the mass public. I was all hyped at launch time, but I have stopped recommending it until I see real improvements with removing geo-descrimination.
    I'm waiting for free applications availability in App Catalogue for unofficial countries at least.
    Not me
    Just did the 1.4.1 update. The App Catalog is available, but ZERO apps. Not even any free apps. I am not surprised. Thank goodness there is still the workaround to get new free apps (haven't tested if it's still working in 1.4.1 though) and the existing ones can be updated OTA.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Update didn't change anything regarding App Catalog, don't even have the extra prefs to enter card details.
    Still zero apps just as expected, go Palm. :~(
    ill get them how i currently do
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I'm from one of the unofficial country - Poland, and I have many paid apps in App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Paid 500 euros in October, no apps for the last three months time, still no apps after update.

Palm, you got me big time, april fools on me.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    As I suspected, I can confirm that you need a credit card from an EU country.

Apparently selecting 'Austria' won't fool it (i'm in australia)
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Please feel free to PM me, I'm afraid my card will expire before access to apps are granted ...
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    Please feel free to PM me too. New update didnt fix app cat in sweden =(
    I am in Switzerland and have updated to 1.4.1 - still free apps but not paid apps.

I can't believe that a company like Palm can't figure out that it is good for business to sell apps to people who want them. It is not surprising that they are doing so poorly.
    I wonder wht is palm thinking!!?? or they r too full of themselve to think for their customer?
    yeah... no paid apps yet is switzerland... what a shame...

wonder how the poland user has got paid apps... and again the waiting game begins
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    No, I'm not hacked anything. I've got Palm Pre from UK with RebelSim (Polish Playmobile carrier card) and 1.3.5.2 modem firmware. Nothing more.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    No, I created my profile in Poland, using my Polish sim card.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast