Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    in germany the update is rather disappointing... the only paid apps we got are the gameloft games. i had hoped for twee and some other nice apps, we get the tweefree version but not twee... i hope tomorrow the app store will have more then 320 apps
    Wow, you're right. That's a whole bunch of games.
    Got 320 apps showing up in total, but only Gameloft games as paid apps so far. I can also add an account now in 'accounts and settings'.
    More should show up in the coming hours. I also wanted to get a Twitter client and a shopping manager. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    Yeah well, I'm officially impressed.... 10 more apps, 320 is the total number in the German App Catalog now. Awesome, this is the 6 month work. And the result of ridiculous geo-filtering. I don't know what to say..
    IPK FETCHER <-> An attempt against geo-filtering
    Quote Originally Posted by weizen View Post
    in germany the update is rather disappointing... the only paid apps we got are the gameloft games. i had hoped for twee and some other nice apps, we get the tweefree version but not twee... i hope tomorrow the app store will have more then 320 apps
    Does the forward swipe work in TweeFree?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    Does the forward swipe work in TweeFree?
    yeah it does. but i want notifications and multiple accounts
    23 apps as of this morning in Germany (with 1.4.0). Going to update now....
    475 apps now in Germany. Decent.

Now I just need to get preware running any further than 'Status'. Does nothing for at least 10 minutes now... :-/
    had to to a 2nd feeds refresh,then it worked flawlessly and updated most of my patches.

still some probs:

a) can't enter crdit card information,brings me error PMT51005

b) some apps are displayed in the app catalog but I get an error when opening them for details
    lol...got it to work. Didn't want to enter the phone number. But with it,it worked.

thougt I could trick the system with a single "0" in the phone number field.

now palm knows everything about me but at least it works xD
    Ok maybe it was a little late hitting but hope you are all enjoying the paid apps and 1.4.1
    taking of the flame retardent suit now.

phewww!!!
    hm..not really....there are far too less apps available,because a lot of developers think they are not allowed to distribute english-only apps in Germany.

But I tell you that there are a lot of these english-only apps (paid+free) available,so the other developers just have to click the 'german' anyway and it gets distributed whether localised or not.

solving this distributing-issue now and convincing devs to simply distribute wha they have, regardless of language, is the next step in the suit... ;-)
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Nvm. Doctoring.
    Last edited by Beesington; 04/01/2010 at 03:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beesington View Post
    OK, so how do I get my O2 UK GSM Pre to realise that this update is out and pick it up? All it's finding are application updates (not that there actually are any)

Help! I want paid apps but it won't find this update!
    Are you running o2 firmware, or did you flash to Sprint (or other) webOS? Last update (1.4) people who'd flashed to Sprint FW had to wait a day or two longer for the update to show I think.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theonlyix View Post
    not a single app on Swedish store yet, neither free nor paid....

The app store WORKS though
    Same here not a single app too choose in Sweden.
    Well since last nights madness with the update and games apps. This morning there was 722 apps to chose from. I think over next few days it will get biggert as more developers change there status with locations to sell.

So far so good....
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    hm..not really....there are far too less apps available,because a lot of developers think they are not allowed to distribute english-only apps in Germany.

But I tell you that there are a lot of these english-only apps (paid+free) available,so the other developers just have to click the 'german' anyway and it gets distributed whether localised or not.

solving this distributing-issue now and convincing devs to simply distribute wha they have, regardless of language, is the next step in the suit... ;-)
    You are correct. Only takes a 'tick'. But to be fair, when you do this, they make you put in a German description, categories (all in German), support info, etc. It's a fair amount of info. You can use the English version of course, but many developers may not realize you can do this.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    I just bought Power Nap as my first paid app in the UK. App numbers are growing. Still disappointed to see no London tube app. I don't have much interest in the 3d games but they're reasonably priced. Doubt i'll pay more than £2 for an app though
    Asphalt 5

I'm not much of a gamer, but I want to check out / show off the 3D performance of my Pre, it rates high, and they did release that free demo that I got to try a couple weeks back when the .ipk was extracted for all of us non-US'rs to sample.

Gotta reward Gameloft for the free demo!

Edit: Okay, going back to the first page this thread isn't exactly the "checking in to let us know which app they bought first" thread that the front page article that lead me here said it was. Ah well, posted this now...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Nada... My Pre is in the UK being repaired so I have missed out on this wonderful occasion. Its just not the same experience on my backup Treo 650!
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    You can use the English version of course, but many developers may not realize you can do this.
    Yeah, and that's still the main problem. Palm tries to get the message out, but they have to make themselves clearer.

Please, no more of those Google translations, I seriously can't stand that anymore and also wouldn't buy any of those apps...
    IPK FETCHER <-> An attempt against geo-filtering
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast