Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I'm in france on unlocked german pre on orange and see Modern combat for 4,99. When I try to buy I get same error message of application is not availiable in your region...
    im guessing radiotimes will be a paid app since it is a paid app on andriod. Also the EA games are still free
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    It's gone now. Probably an error and the people in charge of the catalog are likely sleeping the next couple of hours..
    this better be sorted today
    UK PRE USER
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    im guessing radiotimes will be a paid app since it is a paid app on andriod. Also the EA games are still free
    I am assuming the 3 EA games will still be free but only until today, after that they will be paid apps. Just hope the backup facility remembers that and does not try to charge you for them in the future.
    I'm wondering how they can pull this off without an update. Obviously the feeds can be updated, and regional restrictions can be lifted server end, but how are they going to implement the payment options.

The US catalogue has preferences for inputting ones billing info correct? Atleast with the Canadian catalogue, no such option.

So is it possible for them to just update the app catalogue 'app' ota? Maybe its to coincide with the April 1st rumoured update?
    /guessing here
    Quote Originally Posted by stevee10001 View Post
    this better be sorted today
    Or what !!!!!!!!! lol
    If you've got app scoop - which has the app catalog web/beta feeds -you can see 4 paid for apps again in gbp and again giving the unavailable in your region error.
    Preware palm-beta and palm catalog are still showing prices in $US and give $0.99 for the 0.79 app which is an exchange rate of $1.253 /gbp
    & $1.79 for the 1.29 app which is an exchange rate of $1.409/gbp
    My Palm Pre is tweakalicious! - Your iPhone is tweakaphobic!
    Quote Originally Posted by wardie View Post
    I am assuming the 3 EA games will still be free but only until today, after that they will be paid apps. Just hope the backup facility remembers that and does not try to charge you for them in the future.

Hmm i was wondering about paid for apps in general - what happens if you have to doctor your phone, are they re-populated / installed for free or do you have to pay again - any one know how this works in the us?
    My Palm Pre is tweakalicious! - Your iPhone is tweakaphobic!
    Quote Originally Posted by tedrampart View Post
    I'm wondering how they can pull this off without an update. Obviously the feeds can be updated, and regional restrictions can be lifted server end, but how are they going to implement the payment options.

The US catalogue has preferences for inputting ones billing info correct? Atleast with the Canadian catalogue, no such option.

So is it possible for them to just update the app catalogue 'app' ota? Maybe its to coincide with the April 1st rumoured update?
    /guessing here
    Go to the shopping basket button in the lower right corner. Then you can access the menu on the upper left and have a (at the moment still greyed out) options menu.
    There - I think - we will be able to put in our paypal/credit-card information.

As they could lift off the "beta"-tag without an update, it should be possible to enable these features, too.

Give them some time...march 31st just started in the USA
    The 1 paid app has now disapeared again. Shopping basket icon just shows list of installed apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    Go to the shopping basket button in the lower right corner. Then you can access the menu on the upper left and have a (at the moment still greyed out) options menu.
    There - I think - we will be able to put in our paypal/credit-card information.

As they could lift off the "beta"-tag without an update, it should be possible to enable these features, too.

Give them some time...march 31st just started in the USA
    if it were a bear, it woulda bit me haha... so obvious I missed it. I looked in the main dropdown, and didn't see it, maybe I'm just tired from working all night. but thanks for the info.
    ii swear the us app catalogue has a diff front page to us aswell
    UK PRE USER
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Before today, could you actually see any of the free apps?

Here in Sweden we havent had any apps for three long months and there aint any visible now either. Not that I had any hopes or so.
    Yes Andreas, since 1.3.5, I have access to the free apps.

That is weird that in sweden you don't. I used my Pre with French, Dutch and Italian sims and always had the free apps.
    Which patch level are you running?
    New update to hit today 1.4.1 at 5pm BST
    Not sure what is in it but I would bet a pound to a pinch of $h!t it allows paid for apps.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markda2000 View Post
    Not sure what is in it but I would bet a pound to a pinch of $h!t it allows paid for apps.
    Source?
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by milanroubal View Post
    The important setting is Regional Settings. When you have there Czech Republic like me, you see Kc4.99 and that would be great price (0,20 EUR). My phone is German PRE, Language English, Formats Czech Republic
    Thanks for the tip! Forgot to change that after I doctored my phone a couple of weeks ago. Now set to Germany again, should show once the apps show up.
    Shouldn't have to do anything with paid apps. US has had paid apps for ages without having 1.4.1.
    They probably only have to change a few settings in the app catalog.
    new update to hit today 1.4.1 at 5pm bst
    not sure what is in it but i would bet a pound to a pinch of $h!t it allows paid for apps.
    source???

i dont think they will perform a full update as then we wud be ahead of the us unless it involves somthing else that would benefit the us?
    UK PRE USER
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast